2022 Draft Tracker

Sounds like Showalter, the 11th round pick will probably sign. Have to assume he's overslot.

Do they have money to throw at Carter Young or Walters or are they backup plans in case Showalter fails his physical?

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Sounds like Showalter, the 11th round pick will probably sign. Have to assume he's overslot.

Do they have money to throw at Carter Young or Walters or are they backup plans in case Showalter fails his physical?

For the sake of argument, you can see the O’s saving ~$400k on Holiday if they’re lucky and spending the full 5% above slot (~$800k), that doesn’t leave a ton to sign the over slot 11th, 17th and 18th round picks. I guess we really have no idea who will be under slot in the top 10 rounds.

40 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

For the sake of argument, you can see the O’s saving ~$400k on Holiday if they’re lucky and spending the full 5% above slot (~$800k), that doesn’t leave a ton to sign the over slot 11th, 17th and 18th round picks. I guess we really have no idea who will be under slot in the top 10 rounds.

It is going to be interesting to see who we can get signed from this class.  I saw in another thread someone mentioned that since Elias has been here he has signed everyone he has drafted.  So he either is taking a different approach this year or there are some under slots we can't see.  If this whole group signs this draft is a home run it sounds like.  Hard to see it happening though.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

It is going to be interesting to see who we can get signed from this class.  I saw in another thread someone mentioned that since Elias has been here he has signed everyone he has drafted.  So he either is taking a different approach this year or there are some under slots we can't see.  If this whole group signs this draft is a home run it sounds like.  Hard to see it happening though.

I don’t think the plan is to sign everyone. But he will have some options for which of the overslots to place his bet on. 

1 hour ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Jackson Holliday signed for 8.19M

https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/news/os-reportedly-sign-no-overall-pick-jackson-holliday-to-8-19m-deal/

BALTIMORE -- The Baltimore Orioles have reportedly reach an $8.19 million deal with shortstop Jackson Holliday, the ballclub's No. 1 overall selection in the First-Year Player Draft.

Jon Heyman of the New York Post first reported the deal.

Holliday's bonus is slightly higher than No. 2 overall pick Druw Jones, who received $8,189,400 from the Arizona Diamondbacks, and is nearly $662,000 under the assigned value for the pick, according to Major League Baseball.

16 hours ago, waroriole said:

It looks like a lot of guys on other teams are signing for right at slot. I don’t know if that is just because it’s early or if there’s gonna be a trend towards higher bonuses this year. 

Ok I probably spoke to soon. A couple of significant underslot signings today. 

• Thanks 1