What is Your favorite pick? Least favorite pick?

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Witt vs Rutschmann part 2

Not a practice I care to participate in.

Unless one player is a huge star or a giant bust I just don't see the point in comparing them.

Let's say Holiday outperforms Jones by 10%.  Maybe that 10% was the O's doing a superior job of developing him and if the picks were reversed Jones would have that edge?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Unless one player is a huge star or a giant bust I just don't see the point in comparing them.

Let's say Holiday outperforms Jones by 10%.  Maybe that 10% was the O's doing a superior job of developing him and if the picks were reversed Jones would have that edge?

Good point.  

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Agreed, I want the Orioles to have a good player..if Holiday develops into one, I'm happy. I hope for good things for Jones as well

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Jones was my preference, but now that the O's picked Holliday, I will be cheering for him.  I notice people only do the "what if the O's picked this guy" when the O's pick goes poorly.  No one is trying to compare Gunnar with the guy picked behind him.

Favorite - I’m on board with Beavers.  The write ups on Showalter, Young, and Walters are intriguing.  But I’m going with McLean as my favorite.  

Least - The Wagner/Fabian combo.  I bet they had a bunch of pitchers tiered below Wagner and thought one would slide.  Sounds like they got sniped on Whisenhut.  But would have liked to see Cannon (drafted 101) instead of Jud.  Glad they got McLean though.  Probably just going BPA with whoever was still on their board.