Playoff eligibility - is it a factor?

interloper

Players must be added by tomorrow to be eligible for post-season rosters. Obviously, many O's fans are wondering if this will impact call-ups like Henderson, Hall, etc. But is it really something Elias is factoring into his decisions? I'm on the fence. 

I voted yes to Gunnar coming up, and I think he will, but I'm not sure Elias will let the playoff eligibility factor into when he calls him up. What say you? 

Edited by interloper

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

In 2 days, they won't have to make a corresponding move to call him up, but then he wouldn't be eligible for the playoffs. An interesting tradeoff. 

He can still play in playoffs. Has to replace an injured player. Until I know otherwise I also believe players like Means even though they are not on the 40 man count.  

On an interesting note Lakins and Wells are on the 60 day now but are on rehab assignments.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, eddie83 said:

He can still play in playoffs. Has to replace an injured player. Until I know otherwise I also believe players like Means even though they are not on the 40 man count.  

On an interesting note Lakins and Wells are on the 60 day now but are on rehab assignments.  

Beat me to it haha. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Beat me to it haha. 

Yeah. MLB like they did with not having the August trade deadline has tweaked some stuff. Goes without saying that if they want to pick someone up off waivers and want them eligible has to be by tomorrow.  

Edited by eddie83

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think that was the case.

Why would a respectable GM trade the teams best hitter, ( based highest BA), and only all star, our closing pitcher,  if he had any thoughts of us making the playoffs? 

1 minute ago, Natty said:

Why would a respectable GM trade the teams best hitter, ( based highest BA), and only all star, our closing pitcher,  if he had any thoughts of us making the playoffs? 

I didn't say that.

I don't think the playoffs were on Elias' radar before the trade.

Also, Mancini was not the best hitter on the team.