Tuesday, August 30th: O's in Cleveland to take on Guardians [all games 6:10 pm]

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I think Palmer is getting older and seems to mumble his words more  than I remember him doing before.   

I agree he's definitely slowing down a bit. And seems to be a bit mumbly at times. But he's earned it he can work as long as he wants. 

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Background noise seems loud. Palmer maybe a little quiet. Sound seems in sync. It's more the lighting to me especially when balls are hit to the outfield. Just don't like these twilight start times.

It is harder to see ball in OF. That said I’m fine with the start time. 

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

As dumb as the Guardians name sounds, it somehow looks even dumber stretched across the jerseys. Just a terrible choice for a name. 

Thank you!! I totally agree. It's an awful name. When I heard they were going with that name I started laughing and shaking my head. It's just a very bland name. Just like Washington "Commanders?" LOL!!!

1 minute ago, PHRESH said:

He is lacking veteranosity and facial hair

Maybe the politics of hiring free agents?  Maybe we dont want the reputation of ditching veterans that we hire.   

It is a mystery because Odor is pretty much a black hole with the bat you would think Vavra offers more of a chance of getting on base than Odor.   

Kind of funny because Bryce Harper basically called out Joe Giardi for sticking with veterans too long when rookies would help the team more.   Joe gets fired and the kids got a chance to play.   Harper likes that.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Maybe the politics of hiring free agents?  Maybe we dont want the reputation of ditching veterans that we hire.   

It is a mystery because Odor is pretty much a black hole with the bat you would think Vavra offers more of a chance of getting on base than Odor.   

Kind of funny because Bryce Harper basically called out Joe Giardi for sticking with veterans too long when rookies would help the team more.   Joe gets fired and the kids got a chance to play.   Harper likes that.   

They like Odor’s ability to turn 2.  

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Yeah, I do not understand why he's not playing. He was hitting pretty well when he was playing. Is it because Odor is better defensively?