MLB competition committee to vote on rule changes Friday

ShoelesJoe

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

The last 3 O’s games each were played in about 2:20.   Coupled with the 6:30 start time in April/May, we could see some games over by 9 pm.  

Are spring training games traditionally shorter than regular season games?  Seems like there wouldn't be all the commercial breaks between innings.  Games around 2:30 instead of over 3:00 would be huge.

13 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Are spring training games traditionally shorter than regular season games?  Seems like there wouldn't be all the commercial breaks between innings.  Games around 2:30 instead of over 3:00 would be huge.

I heard the average time of a ST game last year was 3:01.   

18 hours ago, Frobby said:

The last 3 O’s games each were played in about 2:20.   Coupled with the 6:30 start time in April/May, we could see some games over by 9 pm.  

I for one loves this because it allows me time to watch more of the minor league games as well. Or who knows, watch something with my wife as well. ;) 

On 3/6/2023 at 2:36 PM, deward said:

Agreed. Adding four or five seconds to it would do a lot of good. There's no time to allow big moments to breathe now. 

I don’t need my big moments to breathe.  I need them to occur before I fall asleep waiting for them to happen.