Sunday, Sept 11th, vs Boston

SilverRocket

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

Why is it necessary to rest so many players when we have an off day tomorrow?  Just think in 3 weeks Hyde can rest everyone for 6 months.

Managers sometimes like giving a day on the bench right before a full off day so that guys get a full two-day rest.

Not sure if it's been shown to be effective but it's definitely a common thought process. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who costs more prospects: Robert or Trout?  What if LAA eats 30% of the contract?  50%?   We may never know...
    • Cumulative "from 2021 - 2023" Cedric Mullins rWAR: 12.7 (5.9, 4.0, 2.8) fWAR: 11.5 (6.0, 3.6, 1.9) Luis Robert Jr. rWAR: 10.7 (3.6, 2.1, 5.0) fWAR: 10.6 (3.5, 2.2, 4.9) "Also, Roberts has only played in 19 games this season" ^^^ And this speaks to the ongoing serious indictment of Robert (w/r/t his availability) 
    • It would be a SERIOUS indictment on the Orioles organization, Rubenstein, and Elias to allow a generational talent like Henderson walk over 20 million dollars. What is 20 million dollars to a multi-billionaire like Rubenstien? And then you add the other billions by his investment group, it's insane to think about. Again, Gunnar is no different than most other players who have chosen Boras. Boras has been hired to get Gunnar the best deal/most dollars possible. Not worry about saving the Orioles and Rubenstien a few extra million.
    • I do believe Mike Trout passes and Luis Robert fails by the metric of would it big improve the ballclub? I just can't picture the Elias-Hyde-Mullins-Gunnar cliches if it isn't someone more reliably better.    Cedric Mullins might outplay Luis Robert any given month or week. It doesn't have to be here but as a baseball fan I do hope Trout's well-earned choice to do more or less whatever he wants isn't the status quo.    Even if that makes him a Dodgers mercenary peak Gunnar Henderson has to try and beat.      Regular plug no insight on Trout knee rehab but I hope he'll be fit for baseball somewhere by July 30.
    • I fully believe Elias will be thinking more along those lines 
    • Can you even imagine?   Ive dreamed of a Trout acquisition and then FRobby like renaissance leading us to glory and going into HOF with a bird on his cap.    Then I woke up.  But, man, just take a second and think about it.  It would be so freaking cool. 
    • I was just thinking that I have not seen an O's team this good since 1969-1971.  And Frobby just confirmed it.   Hope that can continue to prove it the rest of the season and through the playoffs.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now