Orioles intend to sign lease

Going Underground

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

$500 million is a nice incentive to come from the state .

Exactly.  Once that boondoggle was announced, I figured if the current franchise didn't take it and instead moved, another owner would.  If it were the Rays and they brought the front office, coaching staff and farm system with them, then I'd personally drive the current o's to Nashville. Bon voyage!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, beantownrefugee said:

Exactly.  Once that boondoggle was announced, I figured if the current franchise didn't take it and instead moved, another owner would.  If it were the Rays and they brought the front office, coaching staff and farm system with them, then I'd personally drive the current o's to Nashville. Bon voyage!

No, never! I don’t play that game.

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

Lou has always seemed like a nasty piece of work.

I think he was cash poor and was hoping for a sale of the Orioles to cash in.   Instead his mother and brother are holding out on selling till Peter is dead.   I think Lou is trying to force their hands.  

6 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Well obviously this is just like when the owner gives the manager a vote of confidence and fires him three days later.  I heard a rumor that someone saw Mayflower trucks out on 695 a few minutes ago.

Costs too much money.  O's would probably use those PODS you have to pack and then are picked up.