30 more wins and a winning record

Tony-OH

Yes quite a good and “Schadenfreuden”  feeling right now.  To see Chapman and a litany of others underperform (including Judge in this series) was satisfying for the moment.  The future could be bright until the naysayers start chirping, but let’s ride this big Kahuna along the Banzai Pipeline to the finish of this season.  Here here!

• Upvote 1

….and a pile of prospects at Bowie, Aberdeen,  and Delmarva.   Only missing piece is the international pipeline that is just 3 years away.  Exciting times!  never thought I’d have the opportunity to pull for a franchise that is well run and truly remarkable to follow.  I’m starting to expect big thing in near future.  

28 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If anyone would have told me that coming into this season that the Orioles would win at least 30 more games, end up a winning record, and Adley Rutschman would have a 5.0 WAR season, I'd be pretty happy.

With good young talent like Rutschman, Henderson, Stowers, Hall and Bautista having arrived, Grayson Rodriguez, Jordan Westburg, Joey Ortiz, Colton Cowser, and Connor Norby close, and the big steps forward by Dean Kremer, Kyle Bradish and Dillon Tate, and the emergence of Cionel Perez, Brian Baker, and Keegan Akin as a reliever, this team is pretty close.

With a good offseason to acquire a top of the rotation starter and perhaps one more starter, as well as one more big bat, this team will be a true competitor even in the AL East.

Things are looking so bright, I gotta wear shades!

You are wise my friend.

33 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If anyone would have told me that coming into this season that the Orioles would win at least 30 more games, end up a winning record, and Adley Rutschman would have a 5.0 WAR season, I'd be pretty happy.

With good young talent like Rutschman, Henderson, Stowers, Hall and Bautista having arrived, Grayson Rodriguez, Jordan Westburg, Joey Ortiz, Colton Cowser, and Connor Norby close, and the big steps forward by Dean Kremer, Kyle Bradish and Dillon Tate, and the emergence of Cionel Perez, Brian Baker, and Keegan Akin as a reliever, this team is pretty close.

With a good offseason to acquire a top of the rotation starter and perhaps one more starter, as well as one more big bat, this team will be a true competitor even in the AL East.

Things are looking so bright, I gotta wear shades!

Maybe now is not the time to discuss this, but I trust your opinion and insights more than anyone else regarding the Orioles; what big bat could you envision being an asset to this team and do you think it comes from FA or trade? 

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

With a good offseason to acquire a top of the rotation starter and perhaps one more starter, as well as one more big bat, this team will be a true competitor even in the AL East. Things are looking so bright, I gotta wear shades!

Careful Snoopy, or Lucy will pull the football!!! ( yes I know it was Charlie lol). Snoopy Joe Cool - TG Vinyl

I was dismissed in a game thread about two weeks ago when I expressed that I thought the O's could pull off 82 wins when they had to win 6 of the final 16 games to break .500 for the season. While truly frustrating us by losing the games / series they are "supposed to win" (Reds, Tigers, Boston), don't we know enough about this team (no longer a small sample size) that they sometimes win some no one though they'd win? Two of three in Yankee Stadium with all of that Judge hoopla going on? Taking the season series vs. Houston? It's hard to nail this team down, but never, never count them out. When they play with heart, it makes my fandom all worth it. 

Damned proud of this team. And as Tom Petty sang (who died five years ago today) ...

"I won't back down".

• Upvote 1