Walltimore changing again in the future?

Sports Guy

They should just paint WALLTIMORE across it in giant letters. 

I don’t know what else they could do with it except bring it in maybe 10 feet. Overall, I liked the wall this year. I didn’t see as many doubles and triples as expected but I think it was an overall positive for us. 

That said, I think they overdid it by a few feet. I wouldn’t mind if they brought it in 5-10 feet but kept the height the same. 

But I took Ruiz’s tweet to mean that they wouldn’t really change the new LF wall and that they were reconsidering other outfield dimensions.  I don’t know what they could do other than move the CF wall back into the sod farm a bit.  I can’t imagine them touching the flag court. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

They should just paint WALLTIMORE across it in giant letters. 

I don’t know what else they could do with it except bring it in maybe 10 feet. Overall, I liked the wall this year. I didn’t see as many doubles and triples as expected but I think it was an overall positive for us

They should certainly do something to make the wall blend better. This years version looked thrown together, two sets of padding just stacked on top of one another. We don’t need another video or LED screen, though.

48 minutes ago, survivedc said:

They should certainly do something to make the wall blend better. This years version looked thrown together, two sets of padding just stacked on top of one another. We don’t need another video or LED screen, though.

I thought it looked alright.  Not beautiful, not an eyesore.  It was just there.  

Agreed, don't make it a video or LED screen.

I'd guess it is smoothing out the jag.

I believe the year ended with zero oppo HR by LHB, at least in September I heard Brown observe after a play when Stowers or some regular lefty slugger missed a yesteryear Camden HR that Ohtani came closest when he was in.

I'd bet in a full year of run Gunnar gets a couple by accident.

I'll be interested to see if medium RH power bats like Hays-Urias-Westburg-Norby-Ortiz get lower launch angle coaching notes.    Everybody try for 50 doubles.     Mullins-Adley-Gunnar-Cowser might provide 2000 PA of .375-ish OBP so everyone can get lots of RBI's.

53 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I thought it looked alright.  Not beautiful, not an eyesore.  It was just there.  

Agreed, don't make it a video or LED screen.

There's some AAA park where the LF wall is a giant video board, and the LFer permanently looks like he's being released from being probed in a massive UFO.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

There's some AAA park where the LF wall is a giant video board, and the LFer permanently looks like he's being released from being probed in a massive UFO.

Walking in between innings with his buttcheeks tightly clenched and a look of terror and confusion on his face?  

I'd go to that stadium.

• Upvote 1