Elias & Mejdal - Time for job title promotions?

Obando

8 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Does it crack the door a bit for a shot at Verlander...?

Probably not, given that Verlander said that it was Owner Jim Crane who called him to finalize the details of his pervious deal:

Justin Verlander, though Verlander himself has spoken on record about how it was a call directly from Crane that wrapped up that agreement. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/11/astros-part-ways-with-general-manager-james-click.html

On 11/12/2022 at 9:30 AM, Frobby said:

Not a good time to be without a GM, that’s for sure.   They’ll have to move quickly to hire a replacement.  Maybe Crane already has someone waiting in the wings.  

https://theathletic.com/3842757/2022/11/12/orioles-sig-mejdal-astros/

Dan Connolly of the Athletic is postulating that our very own Sig Mejdal might be a Jim Crane favorite.

"Orioles assistant general manager Sig Mejdal seems likely to be on Crane’s short list of candidates."

I would love to see the O's promote Eve Rosenbaum if Sig leaves. She's the bomb!

11 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

https://theathletic.com/3842757/2022/11/12/orioles-sig-mejdal-astros/

Dan Connolly of the Athletic is postulating that our very own Sig Mejdal might be a Jim Crane favorite.

"Orioles assistant general manager Sig Mejdal seems likely to be on Crane’s short list of candidates."

I would love to see the O's promote Eve Rosenbaum if Sig leaves. She's the bomb!

She already was promoted this year.  She’s Asst. GM, along with Sig.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

She already was promoted this year.  She’s Asst. GM, along with Sig.   

My understanding is that she runs Baseball Operations, while Sig is Vice President and Assistant GM. My suspicion is that his position carries more authority, prestige and compensation than hers. But I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

My understanding is that she runs Baseball Operations, while Sig is Vice President and Assistant GM. My suspicion is that his position carries more authority, prestige and compensation than hers. But I could be wrong.

You are right that Sig has “VP” in his title and Eve does not.  I don’t know if his job has more authority, as his responsibilities are very different.  He probably does have a higher salary, given the VP title.  Eve was just promoted to AGM in June, so it would be pretty quick to be promoted again, but it could happen.  

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You are right that Sig has “VP” in his title and Eve does not.  I don’t know if his job has more authority, as his responsibilities are very different.  He probably does have a higher salary, given the VP title.  Eve was just promoted to AGM in June, so it would be pretty quick to be promoted again, but it could happen.  

Eisenhower went from Col to 4 star General in less than 3 years and to 5 star general one year later. If you have talent the pace of promotion can be remarkably fast. 

Edited by Jim'sKid26
accuracy

3 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Eisenhower went from Col to 4 star General in less than 3 years and to 5 star general one year later. If you have talent the pace of promotion can be remarkably fast. 

That's nothing.  Nathan Bedford Forrest went from Private to General in three years.

• Upvote 1