Elias sounds like he is shooting high

wildcard

Swanson would be the big move here.  The Braves won a WS with Swanson at  SS.  He will be 29 and will probably take a 6 year contract to sign.  He will improve the O's offense instead of adding a DH as has been speculated. 

Fangraphs projects Swanson at 6/141-144.    MLBTR projects him at 7/154.

He will create more infield surplus at the major league level that Elias  will probably use to go get an  established starter.   Archer would not be the major addition to the rotation IMO.

Edited by wildcard

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Swanson would be the big move here.  The Braves won a WS with Swanson at  SS.  He will be 29 and will probably take a 6 year contract to sign.  He will improve the O's offense instead of adding a DH as has been speculated. 

He will create more infield surplus at the major league level that Elias  will probably use to go get an  established starter.   Archer would not be the major addition to the rotation IMO.

Swanson and his career .321 OBP would be a terrible long term signing for a team with multiple high level SS prospects.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Who is Jack Rose?

I saw this last night and did some investigating before deciding against posting. Looks to be just some dude who runs MLN. What is MLN? It is never stated. If you go back in his Twitter feed, he announced that the mysterious MLN added its second reporter about twelve hours ago. Plus this random guy gets an insane number of scoops that no one else does. I’m fairly certain it’s fake.

4 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Can we not post “rumors” from reporters with less than 500 twitter followers?

Thanks for sharing that count.   

I'm not surprised about the part where Archer is interested in the Orioles.    

MIN got 103 innings in 25 starts last year, so maybe his brain has a head start on what SP the caliber of him are becoming before all the Joey Krehbiels in the world.    1.5 times through the order guy?

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Swanson is a 1.5-2 WAR player that someone is going to pay like a 3-5 WAR player for a long time. Hopefully the Orioles stay far away from him.

1 hour ago, elextrano8 said:

I saw this last night and did some investigating before deciding against posting. Looks to be just some dude who runs MLN. What is MLN? It is never stated. If you go back in his Twitter feed, he announced that the mysterious MLN added its second reporter about twelve hours ago. Plus this random guy gets an insane number of scoops that no one else does. I’m fairly certain it’s fake.

Yeah, sounds like it's just some bored rando making stuff up. Thank God.

9 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Chris Archer?  Seriously? 

I mean, I knew we weren't getting Verlander or deGrom, but Archer isn't even an obvious upgrade over our internal options. 

I’m sure if we are interested in Archer, it’s as a secondary piece, not our feature pitching acquisition of the winter.   The guy made $2.75 mm last year, plus a $750 k buyout of his option.  I doubt he’d cost more than that this time around, and it probably would be less.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m sure if we are interested in Archer, it’s as a secondary piece, not our feature pitching acquisition of the winter.   The guy made $2.75 mm last year, plus a $750 k buyout of his option.  I doubt he’d cost more than that this time around, and it probably would be less.   

It would be a very bad sign if we're hot on Chris Archer's trail this early in the offseason. That would mean that he is one of our top choices, which wouldn't bode well., IMO.

Thankfully it seems to be a troll account.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

This guy has a ton of Os rumors on his page:

I mean, some of this is plausible but he is just throwing stuff out there. 

Don’t believe he is reliable at all.

Agreed, but at this point, who cares?  It’s fun to be the subject of rumors, for once.