Orioles sign Adam Frazier

eddie83

Just now, Slight Upward Arc said:

Thanks! Love a good compliment. Always my favorite when people make it personal when they don’t like what someone says.

Elias doesn’t believe in Vavra and Stowers. Vavra I can somewhat understand, but I don’t get at all what his beef with Stowers is. But he’s looking to hide him this year too. And obviously this move today is really bad for Vavra. 

Personal? You said every decision down the stretch was about the future.

Aguilar and Odor weren’t part of future. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Personal? You said every decision down the stretch was about the future.

Aguilar and Odor weren’t part of future. 

Ugh. If he cared about the present, Aguilar, Phillips or Odor wouldn’t have been getting AB’s. That’s my point. Not every move benefited the future, but there weren’t any moves that benefited the present outside of Gunnar and Adley being there. 

34 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I wonder if it's the 2 percentile EV, 3 percentile barrel rate, -2.5 ft/sec vs average, the .612 OPS or 8th percentile WOBA that makes Elias think he should be an everyday outfielder? 

You’re starting to remind me of the NFL team that takes the kid you can bench press 200 pounds 25 times  and run the 40 in record time but can’t tackle or catch the ball.   Except for last year, Frazier usually puts up a .700+ OPS and average to plus defense at multiple positions.  In other words, he produces.  Career 12.4 in 6 full seasons.   

1 minute ago, Slight Upward Arc said:

Ugh. If he cared about the present, Aguilar, Phillips or Odor wouldn’t have been getting AB’s. That’s my point. Not every move benefited the future, but there weren’t any moves that benefited the present outside of Gunnar and Adley being there. 

He made moves in September he thought would help them win. Whether they worked or not. 

When he dealt Trey and Lopez that certainly wasn’t about helping them win. 

7 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

At least with Odor we could always flashback to the replay of him decking Jose Bautista

I'll be honest, I never wanted him playing for the Orioles, but I do love his intangibles! It's kinda like why Alan Mills will always have a soft place in my heart! :D

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You’re starting to remind me of the NFL team that takes the kid you can bench press 200 pounds 25 times  and run the 40 in record time but can’t tackle or catch the ball.   Except for last year, Frazier usually puts up a .700+ OPS and average to plus defense at multiple positions.  In other words, he produces.  Career 12.4 in 6 full seasons.   

Umm, ok, that's a take.

I mean it's not reality of the situation nor does it have any reality to the player he is now, but hey.. He was a good a few years ago.. so yay! lol

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Umm, ok, that's a take.

I mean it's not reality of the situation nor does it have any reality to the player he is now, but hey.. He was a good a few years ago.. so yay! lol

A few years ago?  You consider 2021 a few years ago?