Orioles sign Adam Frazier

eddie83

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

No offense, you should send this to MASN and see if you can write for them. There is enough fluff in this post to make the biggest fanboys and girls proud. 

If you think they made it clear "they want go for the playoffs" and thats signing Frazier does that because "Frazier is a proven Major League player, a veteran who will have an impact on how the young guys are used, yes. But he will also provide more of the leadership to the young infielders. He will help them develop."

That veteranosity better be pretty strong to overcome every  his lack of bat and speed. And I'm sure the young guys that he's now blocked will just enjoy soaking up his knowledge while they are in AAA.

How did that veteranosity help the Orioles last year as Odor, Chirinos and Aguilar failed over and over. Now we get veteranosity Frazier!! Print those playoof tickets.

Could have saved about $7 million and just signed Odor for his leadership. 

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Would have rather have signed Justin Turner.  I think he is going to be a much better hitter w/ better OBP.  Turner got 1 year and an option, so maybe the option was the problem.  At least the O's have their "big bat" now.

but but but... FrAzIeR iS a LeFtY!

20 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Would have rather have signed Justin Turner.  I think he is going to be a much better hitter w/ better OBP.  Turner got 1 year and an option, so maybe the option was the problem.  At least the O's have their "big bat" now.

Perfectly reasonable opinion. 

31 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I will say I kept pointing out how bad they did vs LHP the second half of the season. Elias said a lefty bat was his desire. 

If the bats struggle again vs LHP he will certainly be criticized and I will be pointing it out.  

Completely agree, which is why I thought JDM was a really good fit for us. Even in his "down year" last year, he still pummeled lefties to the tune of a 1.000+ OPS.