Suggested Deal w/Marlins

Answerman

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Makes you wonder what we could’ve gotten for Mullins?  If only Cowser, or Mateo could play CF. Probably could’ve gotten Lopez and Rogers. 

Mullins is better than both of them. Why would that even have been on the table?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

There is so much misinformation in your post, I don't know where to start.   Araez has decent defensive numbers at 1B according to Fangraphs and Lopez had a better ERA on the road (3.00) than at his pitchers park (4.55) at home.     What is your point and can you actually back it up with numbers instead of thin air?

Perhaps you should look at Lopez's Home / Away splits in years other than 2022 before you swing your sarcastic sword of truthful justice in my direction. 

People saying we couldn’t beat this have no idea. If the deal was Arraez straight up, maybe that’s the case. 

But it wasn’t.  Miami traded a guy that Fangraphs had as high as #2 in their system last year.  If anything, this seems like an overpay for Arraez.

Also wonder if Miami is done trading starters?

56 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Perhaps you should look at Lopez's Home / Away splits in years other than 2022 before you swing your sarcastic sword of truthful justice in my direction. 

His career ERA on the road in about 220 innings is 4.50 which is not great but certainly not horrible but most likely pretty meaningless especially given the fact that this year in over 90 innings on the road it was 3.00.   What is it you’re trying to say?  That he’s no good away from his home park?

Why no comment on Arráez who you say had no defensive home and yet had positive DRS and QAA numbers at 1B last year?

2 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

Sign Wacha and lets get spring training started.  I don't think it is out of the question for the Orioles to be in or close to a wild card spot around the trade deadline.  If we are then we will have the prospects to compete with anyone in the trade market for a starting pitcher or whatever else we need to make a run.

But do we have a GM who is willing to compete with anyone in the trade market? 

3 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Oh well, so much for the idea that we didn't have to sign a front-line starter because there was always the trade market.  Nobody is going to come busting down our doors wanting to trade a front-line starter for Ramon Urias or Jorge Mateo.  

Elias when teams call about his prospects in the minors.

lord-of-the-rings-my-precious.gif