Available FA Starting Pitchers

Bahama O's Fan

Wacha or Kluber are the best options remaining. I like Wells and Voth, but I like them better starting out the year in BP and getting some starts as needed. Right now, I’d think that Voth is our 5th SP and Wells is in the BP, with only Spenser Watkins behind them as legit depth. 

If we want to make the playoffs, then we have to limit the amount of starts from Zimmerman, Baumann, or rushed versions of Means and Hall. 

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Just wake me up if and when the O’s do something.   I made a mistake investing time and energy into thinking about who the O’s should and shouldn’t pursue and at what cost.   It’s just been an exercise in frustration.   Better to just await any moves and comment if and when they actually occur.    

nothing will happen until ST and Elias standing with cheap 1 year deals, and whoever isnt inked yet, might take it, to keep working.

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/starting-pitcher/available/

Want any of them? Are they an upgrade over what we have? I still say go get Grienke.

No thanks on Greinke.  Not really that enamored with any of these options.  Should have signed Eovaldi. Pathetic that they didn't considering how low the payroll is right now. 

2 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

No thanks on Greinke.  Not really that enamored with any of these options.  Should have signed Eovaldi. Pathetic that they didn't considering how low the payroll is right now. 

Even more pathetic that they have spent 8M more than it would have cost to have Eovaldi and they have added nothing but mediocrity with little upside.  

It feels like we are back to where it used to be.  Spending money but it’s spent so poorly. Only good news is that they are 1 year deals but they don’t seem to care about adding onto a good team last year .

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

According to Fangraphs, Corey Kluber was worth 3.0 wins last year.  Better than Bassitt (2.7), Eovaldi (1.0), and Taillon (2.3).

He’s the logical best choice left but you start to worry about an aging guy with declining stuff. At what point does he completely fall off a cliff?  Could happen at any point.