Available FA Starting Pitchers

Bahama O's Fan

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Don’t worry Roch will write an article telling us why this off-season has been a rousing success. 

"Filling obvious holes with good players is fun and nice and all, but Elias understands that winning with a couple of bent paperclips and a broken rubber band is much more satisfying in the end."

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Plus Means, Watkins and Baumann

Nope we’re not at the point. If we want to make the playoffs and protect ourselves versus regression/injuries, we need to sign one of Wacha/Kluber and a MILB deal with a Matt Harvey type. 

I like Watkins, but we can’t bank on that dude for 20 GS again. Right now he’s our #6 SP behind Voth. However, with the Givens signing, I think that gives us the luxury of trying Wells as a SP again. Means will be back but when and how effective?  Hall needs to be given every chance to start and develop in AAA. 

We only missed the playoffs by 3 games last year. I think we’ve done enough with the position players, and bullpen, to get there. Although, I’d like to see us get one more bat. Like Hosmer or Pham. We still need SP depth. We cannot afford to give games away where we have to start Akin, Zimmerman, or Baumann. We cannot go into another season where we consistently aren’t sure who is going to start games over the next 5 games. 

I’m at the point where I see the FO viewing 1/14 for Kluber, or 2/26+ for Wacha, as a luxury that we won’t pay for. 

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I’m ready to roll with:

Kremer

Bradish

Gibson

Wells

Rodriguez

With Voth and Hall in reserve.

If and when they sign/acquire someone I’ll roll with that.  Good times!

Means is expected back at some point.

Edited by Number5

44 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If we want to make the playoffs and protect ourselves versus regression/injuries, we need to sign one of Wacha/Kluber and a MILB deal with a Matt Harvey type. 

Adding a back of the rotation starter like Wacha or Kluber doesn't make us a playoff team.

The time to make moves to set the 2023 Orioles up to be a legitimate playoff contender has already passed, IMO. We could still make the playoffs but that will be in spite of our offseason moves, not because of them.

7 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Somebody needs to tell Boston that they have to rebuild for 6 or 7 years before they can start throwing Kyle Gibson money around like this.

I know right? How dare they try to improve the major league club while projected to finish last in the division!