Not an April Fools Joke - Lewin Diaz Back, O'Hearn DFA

Yardball85

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

That's a pretty good technicality so I'll allow it. But you clearly were saying that because we wouldn't pay him to be in AAA, that it meant, like Odor (an example you used a couple times), he was destined for the 26-man roster. You were viewing him as an Odor type acquisition, when all along like I said he was a Lewin Diaz type. 

I believed I used Odor as an example of playing a guy who clearly was bad long after they should of stopped playing him and fearing they would do the same with O'Hearn. 

At the end of the day, you were right about calling this another DFA, 40th man on the roster move.

Honestly, at this point, it's just something to talk about about since Elias has given us one of the bigger disappointing offseason in some time. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Good.  I wasn't sure how I was going to handle having to watch O'Hearn play.  

But if they can bring back Diaz that quickly, they can also bring back O'Hearn.  Something to watch out for.

Maybe Rio Ruiz is out there somewhere? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

The next CBA should have a rule about how many times one player can be DFA'd.    I wonder how Lewin Diaz feels about changing teams every week.   lol

Yeah it's kind of bonkers. I kind of like the player. Feels like the Ryan Flaherty of 1B lol. Which is of course much less valuable than the Ryan Flaherty of 3B, but ya know. 

I was the one who said O'Hearn would end up as the 1B for Norfolk so I'm not particularly upset/surprised by this... but the Phillips and O'Hearn moves are both very peculiar. Fishy even. Like someone was doing somebody a favor or something.