Is Angelos' family legal issue close to resolution?

SteveA

59 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not really as strong of a "fire DeCosta" guy as I am the the other two, but there are two main reasons why I would not "shed any tears" if he was let go too.

1) He won't hold Harbaugh accountable and keep giving him contracts

2) He can't draft impact offensive talent that can stay healthy. Basically, he's wasted two very high draft picks on Hollywood and Glass Man Bateman. 

Now, both Hamilton (who looks like a stud) and Linderbaum have been hits so far, but when you look at the Ravens wide receiving corps right now you have to be embarrassed that any GM would run them out there. that's on DeCosta.

At the end of the day, if DeCosta would just fire Harbaugh I'd probably be happier with him. I don't think he's terrible at anything but drafting WRs and that's partially on his scouting staff which needs to add a WR expert because they clearly can't judge NFL WR talent.

I don’t think DeCosta has the horsepower to fire Harbaugh. Did Ozzie fire Billick or did Bisciotti? 

When you look at the NFC and AFC there has been a big difference over say the last 20 years. From 2001-18 NE appeared in 13/18 possible AFC Championship games. That is just insane along with the 6 Super Bowls and 9 SB appearances. They did have a horrible division but nobody can deny their greatness. In general the AFC has had the same teams be good over and over. 

Now KC has appeared in the last 4 AFC Championship games with Mahomes. Now you have Allen in Buffalo and Burrow in Cincy. I don’t think those franchises are superior to the Ravens, I think they have the best QB’s in the sport. In the NFC the Packers we’re always in the mix with Rodgers. They haven’t been to or won the SB since 2010 but they were in the NFC Championship game in 14,16,19 and 20. Had other years when they were top seed like last year. Right now I think SF is the team to beat and they currently have a rookie QB. I think the top 3 QB’s all play in the AFC.  

After Flacco was drafted the Ravens went to the playoffs 6/7 years. All 6 seasons got to at least the division round. Then Joe started getting hurt and wasn’t as good as you had mediocre years. They did have a lull in drafting for awhile as well. Lamar then popped but hasn’t maintained the same level as 2019. Ravens wasted that season. 

Ravens biggest issue is how good the Top 3 QB’s are. It’s everyone’s issue in the AFC. 

Harbaugh I saw yesterday got testy with the reporters. He can come across as an ass sometimes. I think he is a very good coach. Yes, the Ravens haven’t met their standards but they still have a strong base. 

Bisciotti has not been as accessible to the media in recent years. I think John Angelos should do an end of the year press conference as well. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think it’s the nature of the NFL compared to baseball. The head coach in NFL is much bigger than a MLB manager. 

Perhaps, I really don't have a good feel for the power structure within the Ravens organization. If what you're saying is right, then that's one more reason why I think Bisciotti needs to go. 

The organization is way too comfortable. 

21 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If he doesn't, that's one more thing against Bisciotti. 

So, you don’t want to see the playoffs before deciding if Harbaugh should go?

Do you have a new coach in mind?  I hear the NFL equivalent of Mark Turgeon or Kevin Willard is available.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Do you have a new coach in mind?  I hear the NFL equivalent of Mark Turgeon or Kevin Willard is available.  

Not sure I understand your 1st question. 

As for who would replace him, that's not my job to know or understand. Sometimes you have to say, this is not working, let's give someone else is a chance.

The Ravens will be one and done again this year. They lost 5 games where they had double digit leads in the 4th quarter, that alone is a fireable offense to me.

This is the worse 10-7 team you will ever see, but folks that don't follow the team don't understand that. Look, if the Ravens were the Redskins, I'd be jelly of just being a team that makes the playoffs more times than not too. 

Call it what you want, but I'm sick and tired of going into the playoffs every year knowing we are getting knocked out. Knowing the team is not nearly as good as it's record. Knowing your knucklehead coaching staff is going to do something to cost the team because they think they are smarter than everyone else.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Not sure I understand your 1st question. 

As for who would replace him, that's not my job to know or understand. Sometimes you have to say, this is not working, let's give someone else is a chance.

The Ravens will be one and done again this year. They lost 5 games where they had double digit leads in the 4th quarter, that alone is a fireable offense to me.

This is the worse 10-7 team you will ever see, but folks that don't follow the team don't understand that. Look, if the Ravens were the Redskins, I'd be jelly of just being a team that makes the playoffs more times than not too. 

Call it what you want, but I'm sick and tired of going into the playoffs every year knowing we are getting knocked out. Knowing the team is not nearly as good as it's record. Knowing your knucklehead coaching staff is going to do something to cost the team because they think they are smarter than everyone else.

There was no obvious candidate when Brian Billick was fired following the 2007 season and he was one year removed from a 13-3 record. The Ravens hired an unknown in Harbaugh and yet it still worked out.

The problem now is Harbaugh is Bisciotti’s guy unlike Billick and Bisciotti seems to be checked out in recent seasons. He doesn’t even show up for the State of the Ravens year end press conference anymore. The franchise is stagnant and it shows. 

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was shocked Terps won yesterday. 

I am willing to give Willard some time. Terps Basketball was such a big deal from about 93-2003. Been mediocre and blah since. Talk about not meeting expectations. 

I do think there is a part of the fan base who after 15 years of Harbaugh is just ready for a change. As great as Gibbs 1.0 was he was there for about 12 seasons. 

Back to the topic at hand, I'm still trying to figure out why Bob Nightengale is literally the only person reporting that a) the legal issues are close to resolution and b) that the club will be for sale shortly after said resolution.

I think the answer to my question is that ol' Bob is just making stuff up. Unless there's some other report out there. 

Just now, interloper said:

Back to the topic at hand, I'm still trying to figure out why Bob Nightengale is literally the only person reporting that a) the legal issues are close to resolution and b) that the club will be for sale shortly after said resolution.

I think the answer to my question is that ol' Bob is just making stuff up. Unless there's some other report out there. 

Is the first part based on a source inside MLB and the second part based on speculation? 

MLB does not want any dirty laundry aired in public. They seem to be fine with John running things for now. Manfred wants this to go away and needs John to clean up the mess ASAP. 

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Is the first part based on a source inside MLB and the second part based on speculation? 

MLB does not want any dirty laundry aired in public. They seem to be fine with John running things for now. Manfred wants this to go away and needs John to clean up the mess ASAP. 

That's kind of how I'm reading it. I'm highly skeptical of any source who claims to know the Orioles will be going up for sale. It sure seems like everyone assumes that to be the case, and I definitely get why. I just haven't seen any big definitive, sourced info about that. 

20 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

There was no obvious candidate when Brian Billick was fired following the 2007 season and he was one year removed from a 13-3 record. The Ravens hired an unknown in Harbaugh and yet it still worked out.

The problem now is Harbaugh is Bisciotti’s guy unlike Billick and Bisciotti seems to be checked out in recent seasons. He doesn’t even show up for the State of the Ravens year end press conference anymore. The franchise is stagnant and it shows. 

Exactly. It's not that Harbaugh is/was a bad coach, he's just stale at this point. 

And as you stated, he's Bisciotti's guy which is why I want Bisciotti gone.