John Angelos chews out Dan Connolly

interloper

I have no interest in watching the fireworks.  

I will say I have zero faith that we will hear answers about the future tomorrow or next week.  Whether it was the appropriate time/ place,  idk.  However, the Angelos family have given zero openness I can't blame Connelly for trying in this instance. 

Either way, this fanbase deserves better.   

29 minutes ago, wildcard said:

My mother is 100.  Her body is strong but she can't remember what happen 10 minute ago.    I don't know if she will pass today or 10 years from now.

Connolly is asking John to tell him what will happen with the O's when John can not control the events that will happen with Peter (the owner) in the future.     

Respect for your mom and I know it is a tough thing. My mom is 91 and has a strong mind but a falling body. 

9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Kinda funny John telling Dan that are you from around here. He has bern covering the team forever for the Sun and Athletic. John spends most of his time now in Nashville at his house he bought in 2021,got a good price actually, worth over $150 000 more now.

What difference does it make where John lives.  He couldn't move the team if he wanted to and there is not indication that he wants to.   Manfred has said that the next two franchises that are going to be addressed are Tampa and Oakland.   The O's are in even in the discussion.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

What difference does it make where John lives.  He couldn't move the team if he wanted to and there is not indication that he wants to.   Manfred has said that the next two franchises that are going to be addressed are Tampa and Oakland.   The O's are in even in the discussion.  

No way they move ,it is too good of a deal.I was just saying you figured John would have ran into Connolly at the stadium before this

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

No way they move ,it is too good of a deal.I was just saying you figured John would have ran into Connolly at the stadium before this

They probably exist in difference circles.   At that moment he probably didn't want to   remember who Dan is.

• Like 1

Well, it probably isn’t the right time to be asking that question. This was a fluff conference about their new charity venture. John Angelos though, wow. “How dare you ask me questions, peasant?!?!?” Just a little out of touch. lol

I’m not a Connolly fan, always has an axe to grind. I like the question, just bad format for it, I think. 

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

They probably exist in difference circles.   At that moment he probably didn't want to   remember who Dan is.

“Hi John, this is Dan Connolly.  I’m calling to schedule my appointment to look at the Orioles’ financials.”

”Dan who?  Never heard of you.”  (Click.)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

He knows full well he will be asked questions. 

He set a trap and Connolly walked right into It. He definitely knew the question was coming (although he warned Connolly not to ask it). This was not an off the cuff response.

That said, Connolly's question was in poor taste. 

• Upvote 1