Baseball America 2023 Top 100

RVAOsFan

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

The reports on his defense have been varied to say the least, and the O's apparently aren't in love with it.  I'm very interested in seeing him play with my own eyes.

I’m also interested to see him for myself but I’m not sure there is any evidence the Orioles don’t like his defense.  We assumed he was a fit for 2B.  They may see him as a 3B.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Yep. But it also makes me wonder if Ortiz is targeted for 2B, Henderson for SS, and Westburg for 3B.  

It's all speculation.  I don't know.  But I don't think they would have signed Frazier if they were happy to just hand a job to Westburg, and the most logical reason for why they wouldn't be is they don't love his defense at 2nd.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well the good news is that all of those guys are ready (or soon to be ready) and we have done nothing but block them and make it harder for them to get here in 2023.

Awesome!

We're aiming for 11 on the top 100 lists in 2024. 

this one goes to 11 - spinal tap | Meme Generator

Edited by SpOkane
  • Haha 1

3 of the top 15!  Just missed on 4 in the top 40.  Last off-season we were talking about needing more quality vs. the quantity we had.  Plus a few on-the-bubble types in Mayo, Kjerstad, Beavers, Basallo?

I suspect only Jackson is a carryover into the following year and in the conversation for #1 overall.  How awesome would that be?!

Hat-tip to Ortiz!  Glad he's getting some pub.  

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Norby in over Mayo?  Surprised a little by that.

Agreed.  But I suspect finishing tied for 21st in MiLB HRs (and only 9 of them had a higher BA) and moving from A+ to AAA had something to do with Norby being ranked higher by a national outlet.  

10 minutes ago, Pickles said:

It's all speculation.  I don't know.  But I don't think they would have signed Frazier if they were happy to just hand a job to Westburg, and the most logical reason for why they wouldn't be is they don't love his defense at 2nd.

That could be. They may like his defense at 3B and see him there once they clear SS out for Henderson.