....Zack Britton reunion?

Moose Milligan

WindingThornyDungbeetle-max-1mb.gif

Anyone in favor?  He's still out there.  Aroldis Chapman got desperate yesterday and signed with the Royals, I figure Britton might be desperate enough to slum it with the Orioles if he doesn't find any takers.

Looks like he was shut down late last year with shoulder fatigue, which is an awesome sign!  Anyone wanna kick the tires?  

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

WindingThornyDungbeetle-max-1mb.gif

Anyone in favor?  He's still out there.  Aroldis Chapman got desperate yesterday and signed with the Royals, I figure Britton might be desperate enough to slum it with the Orioles if he doesn't find any takers.

Looks like he was shut down late last year with shoulder fatigue, which is an awesome sign!  Anyone wanna kick the tires?  

I certainly would try, the upside is there. 

I'm rooting for as many Buys from the Zack Britton, Andrew Chafin, Chad Green type shelf as the Org can muster.

Previously excellent, hurt pitchers - its really the realm of how the workouts look, and nothing much we can see in recent weak performance data.     Generally a place where for me the money is a proxy for what the Player and Club think they have left.

As a for instance, James Paxton opting in to his ~$4mm player option for the Red Sox - pretty good clue to me he's doubtful he has much left in the tank.

The main reveal this offseason is to what extent the tool of money is available to Elias - so far we're at about $25mm in new players.   30 or 40 would be better.      Relievers are inching towards 50% of all pitching innings.

I don't care if a few million risk busts, or if Bryan Baker's options get brought back into play.