Greinke and Profar Interest

Bahama O's Fan

I don't think they'll go after Greinke for two reasons:

1. His social anxieties make it tough for him to be a leader.  

2. As successful as his transition from being the power pitcher to the crafty veteran has been, it might not fit the metric-driven pitching mold.

And don't think there's space for Profar.  

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Profar only makes sense if they plan to trade Hays. Doubt any of this is likely. 

I feel like Urias is a better, cheaper version of Profar.  Urias doesn't play OF, but I would say that because he's not been asked too.  Would have rather had Profar than Frazier, but obviously too late for that.

Profar is not a good infielder at this point.  And his hitting profile is not a fit for our corner outfield.  Other than "due diligence" in case  I can't think of a good reason for Elias to be talking to Profar.  I'd be okay, but not thrilled, with Greinke.

22 hours ago, Orange said:

Ever look at Palmer’s K/9’s? He talks about inducing weak contact as a way of life and grabbing the occasional strikeout when it was needed. Maybe that’s Greinke now. The world has gone K/9 crazy. 

HR/9, BB/9, and KK/9 are basically the inputs to FIP. I’m not amazed that a good pitcher can have a low K rate. I’m surprised at a low K-rate guy winding up with a solid FIP, specifically. 

• Upvote 1

I can see why the O's want a back up left fielder in case Hays gets hurt, but Profar is not fast.  Can't cover the ground in Camden.   He is not a fit.

I can't  see  why Greinke would pick the Orioles.   The O's will not over pay to sign him.   Doesn't seem likely.

Wacha is probably the best fit if he comes off the two year contract demand.   I don't think  he is better than what the O's have.  He just adds to the pitching depth.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

I can see why the O's want a back up left fielder in case Hays gets hurt, but Profar is not fast.  Can't cover the ground in Camden.   He is not a fit.

I can't  see  why Greinke would pick the Orioles.   The O's will not over pay to sign him.   Doesn't seem likely.

Wacha is probably the best fit if he comes off the two year contract demand.   I don't think  he is better than what the O's have.  He just adds to the pitching depth.

Agreed. Grienke marches to the best of his own drum. It seems KC cleared some money to bring him back as well. 

Kluber has been Elias’ biggest L of the offseason.  Unless just didn’t want to come to Baltimore. However, losing him to a division rival hurts. Especially, on the contract he signed. In retrospect, I’ll buy into the SP market was crazy excuse, it was. Kluber was a great fit. 

I don’t think Elias will cave to Wacha. Having to dip into “depth” is what caused the O’s from making the playoffs in 98’, 13’, 15’, and 22’. We really don’t want to dip into that depth past Watkins. Then you’re talking about maybe 10 GS. Not 20. It’s just asking to miss the playoffs by a couple of games again.