BRob potential deals to the Cubs

Sports Guy

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see them trading Vitters before Marshall but personally, I don't think they trade either.

I would ask for Pie, Cedeno, Wuertz as a start...Marshall with those 3 would be very nice but again, I am doubting that can happen because the Cubs need the depth.

Some kind of deal where we get pieces like the Tejada deal may work...Pie, Cedeno, Hill, Wuertz and another lower level arm could work.

Nothing the Cubs care about losing and it gives us some useful pieces with some potential very good upside.

There's no way Marshall comes over in a deal. If you can make a deal with the names you mentioned (Pie, Cedeno, Hill, Wuertz), the Cubs might get interested. I can't see adding a fifth name for 1 year of Roberts.

Anyone else tired of talking about Roberts to the Cubs?

Me! Me! :agree::new_wave:

With that being said, I'm chiming in...

Would any one take Fukodome off the Cubs hands to get Vitters and Pie from the Cubs?

Why would we take on two outfielders when we already have, like, six

(Jones, Markakis, Scott, Freel, Reimold, Montanez)

Fun Fact: Fontenot was with the Orioles. Was traded for Slammin Sammy. And was our Minor League Player of the Year in 2003

FWIW, Take it with a grain of salt, I've been wrong before, yada, yada, yada....... There appears to be some positive progress made towards extending BRob. Just thought people would want to know.

Well, I'm rooting for BRob... and for you ;-)

(I don't give 2 hoots about "your guy" or whether he's right, but I'd love to see your crystal ball get re-burnished after all the crap you took about You-Know-Who.)

There's no way Marshall comes over in a deal. If you can make a deal with the names you mentioned (Pie, Cedeno, Hill, Wuertz), the Cubs might get interested. I can't see adding a fifth name for 1 year of Roberts.

I agree. Pie, Cedeno, Hill and Wuertz is more than fair for BRob. Also, it's better than two draft picks, IMO.

FWIW, Take it with a grain of salt, I've been wrong before, yada, yada, yada....... There appears to be some positive progress made towards extending BRob. Just thought people would want to know.

Post more dude! I prefer sunshine to doom and gloom.

Well, I'm rooting for BRob... and for you ;-)

(I don't give 2 hoots about "your guy" or whether he's right, but I'd love to see your crystal ball get re-burnished after all the crap you took about You-Know-Who.)

I don't know what is going to happen with him. I was just told some progress was being made. No one knows right now, if we'll get a deal done or not. I prefer we trade him actually.

I agree. Pie, Cedeno, Hill and Wuertz is more than fair for BRob. Also, it's better than two draft picks, IMO.

More than fair? We can have Pie and Hill for waivers fees in a few weeks. Why give them value by taking them in a deal for arguably our most valuable trade piece.

More than fair? We can have Pie and Hill for waivers fees in a few weeks. Why give them value by taking them in a deal for arguably our most valuable trade piece.

No way either one of those guys makes it to us through waivers. They would have to go through the entire NL first...and the Nats would probably pounce on both of them.

No way either one of those guys makes it to us through waivers. They would have to go through the entire NL first...and the Nats would probably pounce on both of them.

I thought waivers went by entire MLB order, not just leagues. Agreed that the Nats may pounce though, but they are only really thought of highly around this board anymore. I guess it is just from all of the "no way we can get them" from the Roberts speculation last year, but there are players like them on a lot of teams (see Montanez, Guthrie etc.).

You can only play like a AAAA player for so long before you are a serious risk/reward type player and that is what they are looking like. More often to have hyped prospects bust than to have guys break out so late.

I thought waivers went by entire MLB order, not just leagues. Agreed that the Nats may pounce though, but they are only really thought of highly around this board anymore. I guess it is just from all of the "no way we can get them" from the Roberts speculation last year, but there are players like them on a lot of teams (see Montanez, Guthrie etc.).

You can only play like a AAAA player for so long before you are a serious risk/reward type player and that is what they are looking like. More often to have hyped prospects bust than to have guys break out so late.

Yeah, unfortunately, the entire NL would get a shot before we would.

I hear what you are saying about Pie/Hill...they are high risk/reward types, but I'd rather trade Roberts for that potential than get two draft picks. I'd make Scott the full-time DH, and let Pie and Freel platoon in LF. I'd give the second base job to Cedeno and give him time to see if he can handle it.

I don't know what is going to happen with him. I was just told some progress was being made. No one knows right now, if we'll get a deal done or not. I prefer we trade him actually.

A nice big contract extension would make a pretty nice wedding present, now wouldn't it.

Archived