2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

On 4/11/2023 at 3:20 PM, interloper said:

I don't hate this lineup. I like Mullins batting 9th against the lefty - it was annoying to me that he had success doing that in Boston but then they abandoned it. So that's good to see. And Hays is hot and saw a bunch of pitches yesterday so why not. And I at least want to see what McCann looks like against a lefty or two. Might as well if they are doing this 3 catcher thing, and McKenna was a non-factor at the plate yesterday anyway. 

Ohtani isn't a lefty.

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

So you're saying that a Slinky doesn't "dance like a Mina in shallow water!?" 😆 (Reference to something Ben McDonald said yesterday.)

I grew up rural so I understand Ben and even had a Minnow bucket. My mom made sure I didn't end up with the accent though.🤣

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If AS can handle first, that would be huge for us.

I agree but IF Ohearn is going to be up here, I think I'd rather see him at first and Santander in the OF.  I guess it comes down to Vavra v Ohearn.  As it is, its two guys playing in secondary (at best) positions, while w/ Ohearn both he and Santander are playing their main spots.

Longer/medium term I do like getting Anthony reps at first though, so bigger picture, I don't have an issue here.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, if Santander can play a passable 1B it makes a Cowser for O’Hearn move more likely.

Is the need for a backup 1B really what's preventing a Cowser call up? I'm really not seeing what this would enable aside from another option the few times a year we need backup 1B.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Is the need for a backup 1B really what's preventing a Cowser call up? I'm really not seeing what this would enable aside from another option the few times a year we need backup 1B.

It’s not necessarily preventing it but it’s one of the reasons O’Hearn is here.   

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It’s not necessarily preventing it but it’s one of the reasons O’Hearn is here.   

Yes, Santander lets us get rid of OHearn but I'm not convinced OHearn has anything to do with Cowser, although that may be the roster move for Cowser when he is promoted