2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

5 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Incredible that Mateo is still getting ABs when Ortiz is right freaking there.

In a vacuum, it's defensible to keep running a plus SS/C/CF out there even if they're a dud at the plate. But we have the fortune of there being another plus SS who is homegrown, under control for longer, and almost certainly a better hitter.

Jorge seems like a good guy, but his time as a starter is a failed experiment, and he shouldn't be getting the benefit of the doubt like this.

Ortiz is not right there...he was sent down for Westburg.

Edited by Sanity Check
spelling

28 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

That reminds me of the post-game interview with Kremer the other day. Someone asked Kremer what "Ryan" means to the team, and Kremer's response was "Which Ryan? We have like 8 of them."

Between all of the Ryans and Kyles, it's like herding cats trying to know to whom one is referring. I almost always use last names for those guys, so much that I have sort of forgotten who's a Ryan and who's a Kyle. Those names are almost interchangeable to my ears. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

Between all of the Ryans and Kyles, it's like herding cats trying to know to whom one is referring. I almost always use last names for those guys, so much that I have sort of forgotten who's a Ryan and who's a Kyle. Those names are almost interchangeable to my ears. 

I admit I will also switch back and forth depending on which name is easier to spell.  I'd rather type Adley than Rutschman.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Ortiz is not right there...he was sent down for Westburg.

I mean right there figuratively in the sense that we have a 25-year-old, plus shortstop who the organization has spent years developing and is ready for the MLB.

There are alternative realities where you're stuck with Mateo because you're not willing to trust Westburg there and want to keep Gunnar at third. Or even that the shortstop is a clubhouse leader/lifelong Oriole. But that's not our reality.

Edited by Alasdaire

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I admit I will also switch back and forth depending on which name is easier to spell.  I'd rather type Adley than Rutschman.

We could use come good nicknames on this team. 

Buck, Bubba, Frosty, Sleepy, Slim, Bunk

Tony Taters (per Ben) is nice step in that direction.

11 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Will Westburg be Jordy or Westy?

My guess is Jordy. Baseball players and managers seem destined to add y or ie to guys names. 

Brooksie

Robby

and so on. 

We could really use a Slappy though. 

Edited by NashLumber