Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, there is more to it than this though. They also should have upgraded the pitching staff more. 

The thing is, everyone wants to look at the SSS of the beginning of the year or they want to look at one move in a vacuum. 

All of it is connected. I was in favor of Eovaldi. If he gets off to a similar start here as he has in Texas, that is more pressure off of the young kids who could have been up.

And btw, there was still plenty of bet depth if you get rid of those guys.

I also was in favor of trading Mullins. What kind of pitching help does he bring in?  How much better off are we there or are we worse off?

If you look at things only as they are now and just take 2 of the vets out and replace them With the rookies, we agree that it could make things tougher.

But if you upgrade the worst parts of your team (ie OF defense and starting pitching), maybe things are still in good shape. 

It’s a lot of ifs, I agree…but the ultimate goal is to have the best team possible by the end of the year and be in the playoffs.

You don’t automatically make the playoffs because you have a really good record on May 12.

How you built the entire team is what is key.

Agree 💯- you discount the human element.  You are also overvaluing things they couldn’t care less about.    It seems  they knocked it out of the park with the team they assembled.  Time will tell.  

10 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Agree 💯- you discount the human element.  You are also overvaluing things they couldn’t care less about.    It seems  they knocked it out of the park with the team they assembled.  Time will tell.  

You mean the human element about how all of these rookies/young players are super close? The chemistry is probably better than it is now. They are easily having as much, if not more, fun than they are having now.

I do think Cowser may force the O’s to make a move if he keeps up this level of insanity (or close) for several more weeks.  I don’t think the O’s want to put him on the 40-man unless they’re bringing him up to stay.  But he may convince them that it’s time.  

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

should have

The past imperatives (i.e. the should've/would've) sounds like you're living in the past/alternate universe instead of trying to figure out what's going on so we can anticipate what might happen going forward.  

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I do think Cowser may force the O’s to make a move if he keeps up this level of insanity (or close) for several more weeks.  I don’t think the O’s want to put him on the 40-man unless they’re bringing him up to stay.  But he may convince them that it’s time.  

The 40 man excuse is very weak.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Vavra, Stowers, and O'Hearn have had 83 PAs.  The bulk of those and maybe a few others could go Cowser's way.

53 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, there is more to it than this though. They also should have upgraded the pitching staff more. 

The thing is, everyone wants to look at the SSS of the beginning of the year or they want to look at one move in a vacuum. 

All of it is connected. I was in favor of Eovaldi. If he gets off to a similar start here as he has in Texas, that is more pressure off of the young kids who could have been up.

And btw, there was still plenty of bet depth if you get rid of those guys.

I also was in favor of trading Mullins. What kind of pitching help does he bring in?  How much better off are we there or are we worse off?

If you look at things only as they are now and just take 2 of the vets out and replace them With the rookies, we agree that it could make things tougher.

But if you upgrade the worst parts of your team (ie OF defense and starting pitching), maybe things are still in good shape. 

It’s a lot of ifs, I agree…but the ultimate goal is to have the best team possible by the end of the year and be in the playoffs.

You don’t automatically make the playoffs because you have a really good record on May 12.

How you built the entire team is what is key.

In your last 2 posts you have traded your entire starting outfield and 3 quarters of your infield. What is this Miami Marlins perpetual rebuild. In the meantime the Os are one Mckenna drop away from being 25-12 over .667 almost 25% through. Short answer Elias is in good spot with all this depth not a bad spot. Im not looking for Elias to start fixing things that arent broke 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You mean the human element about how all of these rookies/young players are super close? The chemistry is probably better than it is now. They are easily having as much, if not more, fun than they are having now.

No.  Mental make-up, drive, focus, ability to handle failure, behavior in group training environment, resilience, & goal orientation.  

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Cowser is still a bit of an enigma to me.   His numbers are great and yet he still has a game like Wednesday, where he goes 0-5 with 4 strikeouts.    

Baseball is hard.  I’m  impressed by how he did the day after he went 0/5 with 4 ks.  Incredibly impressive.  

3/3 w/2HR

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

In your last 2 posts you have traded your entire starting outfield and 3 quarters of your infield. What is this Miami Marlins perpetual rebuild. In the meantime the Os are one Mckenna drop away from being 25-12 over .667 almost 25% through. Short answer Elias is in good spot with all this depth not a bad spot. Im not looking for Elias to start fixing things that arent broke 

No, that’s how you read it. I’m not trading all of them..trading some of them.

But yes, my goal this year would have been to start the year with Westburg and Ortiz playing everyday and Stowers up with Cowser getting more time in AAA until around now

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok..have zero idea what this has to do with anything but whatever.

You have made that abundantly clear. 

It has everything  to do with the guys that they chose & choose  to be on their roster.  

Edited by emmett16

3 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

You have made that abundantly clear. 

It has everything  to do with the guys that they chose & choose  to be on their roster.  

So, these guys are the only ones who could do that?  The guys in the minors are mental midgets? No one else is capable of blending in?

Just doesn’t make sense.