Heston Kjerstad 2023

Three Run Homer

HK has been on a mission since going to AFL and he isn't slowing down at AAA: 

.333 .410 .685 1.095

He now has passed Cowser: 

.328 .459 .539 .998

15 games, 54 ABs, 22% SO rate. In 2 months he will be approaching the 200 AB mark. The bat is special once again, see you in September HK.

12 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Mayo going to first makes more sense than Kjerstad imo

I agree with you and seeing if HK is a viable option at 1B only increases options and possible configurations.

The part I wish I was a fly on the wall is the braintrust talking about who is likely to be dangled in trade talks, which teams value which of our "excess" prospects.

6 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

Move both. Keeping Westburg, Cowser, Kjerstad, and Mayo makes the team's long-term success more sustainable.

I think you are underestimating the value of steady, good bats.  All of these young guys aren’t going to hit at once. 

8 hours ago, amdcpus said:

Kjerstad is currently batting .304 with a .979 OPS in 80 PA for Norfolk. He went off in the AFL and never looked back.

It’s pretty incredible.  His AA hitting coach said he could hit in the majors right now, and Kjerstad certainly is making the case.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s pretty incredible.  His AA hitting coach said he could hit in the majors right now, and Kjerstad certainly is making the case.  

When he was drafted one of the national talking heads thought he could make the jump directly to the majors.  (obviously this was before he fell ill)

On 6/25/2023 at 7:10 AM, baltfan said:

If both of these guys are ready you obviously move Mounty, but who else do you move in the off-season?  Do you sell high on Hays or try to move Santander?

I’m not sure that you can get very much for Mountcastle, especially even he does start hitting again. I would probably lean Hays (due to the injury history) but it depends on who could bring back the most return.

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

He definitely looks ready to go. The way he's cut his K rate this year, without sacrificing any power at all, has been surprising and impressive. Even at Norfolk so far, he's striking out less than Cowser or Westburg.

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Incredible indeed.  Remember last year when this board was concerned if HK’s power would ever return?

Edited by Say O!