Cesar Prieto 2023

Frobby

2 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

There's no way he's going to finish a MLB season in which he had significant plate appearances with a .350 average

Why not?   I don’t think it’s that unusual.  There are a ton of guys hitting in the .340 - .360 range in the International League this year. 

48 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Why not?   I don’t think it’s that unusual.  There are a ton of guys hitting in the .340 - .360 range in the International League this year. 

I think the poster meant that he won’t hit .350 for a full season in the majors.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

I think the poster meant that he won’t hit .350 for a full season in the majors.  

Yeah, I meant MLB.

7 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Mayo may need to move off of 3rd at some point but I see no evidence that the Orioles are there with him right now.  Obviously he has a lot more value if he can stay at third.

The evidence would be that he has been moved off of 3B in 25% of games over the past month even though there's really not anyone else pushing for time at that spot. He played 1B twice in the first two months of the season and six times within the past month. Only two 1B appearances during all of last year.

Not sure how much his "value" matters if he's pretty close to untouchable and it's pretty apparent that some combination of Gunnar/Jackson/Westburg/Ortiz are going to fill the two spots on the left side. Things would have to change dramatically for Mayo to be a long-term 3B for the Orioles.

Personally, I would really like to see him get some time in LF/RF. If he can't hang there then whatever; again it's not like he's going to be traded so who cares if he looks bad there.

2 hours ago, Dunk35 said:

With the strength of our MI prospects, Mateo has to go. Trade him for a reliever and cut the ambilical cord

If Hernaiz got us a #5 SP I’d sure hope we could do better than a reliever for Prieto.  He’s a major league ready IF.  

24 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

If Hernaiz got us a #5 SP I’d sure hope we could do better than a reliever for Prieto.  He’s a major league ready IF.  

Maybe you mis-read. I said trade Mateo for a reliever. Our MI depth is too stacked to keep him flailing in the bug leagues.