Ramon Urias 2023

Just Regular

46 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I don't see Elias helping the Mariners.  They have a weaker schedule.   They can be competition for a Wild Card spot.

The M’s at 30-31 are 7.5 behind us which in a vacuum can be made up, but with the Rangers now following the Rays into the stratosphere I can’t foresee Texas, Houston AND Seattle in the playoffs.   Angels in front of them too at this point.  The Mariners top 30 has a lot of pitching.

Edited by JimGinSP

Dipoto's preferred trade target is Adam Frazier!    :)

Julio's team was 31-35 last year before still hitting 90 wins - I think they'll go on a run at some point.     Andres Munoz just got back, Matt Brash is letting up a .600 BABIP - they are going to have stretches they are very tough to score on.

Castillo v. Shohei is the Apple TV Game 2 tonight, so maybe leave it on when our game ends.

I was very relieved to see Urias swing the bat well yesterday, with a single, double and homer.   Hopefully he’s out of the funk he’s been in since returning from his injury.  The lineup looks a lot steadier when he’s productive.   

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was very relieved to see Urias swing the bat well yesterday, with a single, double and homer.   Hopefully he’s out of the funk he’s been in since returning from his injury.  The lineup looks a lot steadier when he’s productive.   

Agreed, providing actual value to us while hopefully providing perceived value to a potential trade partner with pitching prospects.  

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like Ramon Urias is the opposite of what you would expect with Left vs Right splits? It seems to me like he struggles against lefties and hits right handed pitching better than LHP.

*better than LHP. I fixed it.

On 6/9/2023 at 8:45 AM, Frobby said:

4 for 5.  I think we can say his slump is over.  Slash line to .272/.349/.404.   

• Upvote 1

On 6/9/2023 at 9:55 PM, Billy F-Face3 said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like Ramon Urias is the opposite of what you would expect with Left vs Right splits? It seems to me like he struggles against lefties and hits right handed pitching better thank LHP.

Looked it up for you, ya' lazy dawg 🙂. Yes, Urías has consistently hit better vs. RHP both this season and throughout his still-brief career (920 PA).

A fine pick off the waiver wire for sure, after the years of Maikel Franco, Pat Valaika, and Rio Ruiz. (Hanser Alberto and Freddie Galvis were fun though, as was the glove of Kelvin Gutierrez in the hot corner.)

Edited by LA2

34 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Looked it up for you, ya' lazy dawg 🙂. Yes, Urías has consistently hit better vs. RHP both this season and throughout his still-brief career (920 PA).

A fine pick off the waiver wire for sure, after the years of Maikel Franco, Pat Valaika, and Rio Ruiz. (Hanser Alberto and Freddie Galvis were fun though, as was the glove of Kelvin Gutierrez in the hot corner.)

Thanks Bro. Yes, I confess. I am a Lazy Dawg sometimes lol. 

51 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I thought Urias wasn’t any good?  You mean a bad 30 at bat stretch after coming back from an injury isn’t indicative of the player he is?

Especially after a concussion!  He was going to be terrible from here on out, yet we were supposed to hope that no one else would notice and we'd be able get back some quality talent in a trade for him.

• 4 weeks later...