Is McKenna's spot in jeopardy?

interloper

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

They basically do the same thing but, at this point, Cameron still has more upside.  I think they’ll keep the status quo and see what Cameron does at Norfolk but McKenna should definitely be looking over his shoulder.

McKenna does all of them better. Not sure why Cameron has more upside?

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

McKenna does all of them better. Not sure why Cameron has more upside?

Nothing solid.  Draft pedigree. Bloodlines. Size.   And I’ve suffered through enough of McKenna’s AB’s that I’m ready to see what someone else can do.

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Nothing solid.  Draft pedigree. Bloodlines. Size.   And I’ve suffered through enough of McKenna’s AB’s that I’m ready to see what someone else can do.

McKenna is the better player. His defense is better.  Cameron has a career sub 600 ML OPS.

His MiL OPS is 736 in over 2200 at bats.

McKenna has a better OBP and only 30ish less walks in 400ish less at bats.

McKenna will give you better at bats, has similar or better power, better defender and has shown he can platoon vs lefties.

I have ever been much of a McKenna guy but he’s a clear upgrade over Cameron and a solid 4/5 OFer.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

McKenna is the better player. His defense is better.  Cameron has a career sub 600 ML OPS.

His MiL OPS is 736 in over 2200 at bats.

McKenna has a better OBP and only 30ish less walks in 400ish less at bats.

McKenna will give you better at bats, has similar or better power, better defender and has shown he can platoon vs lefties.

I have ever been much of a McKenna guy but he’s a clear upgrade over Cameron and a solid 4/5 OFer.

Eh, Ryan McKenna has a sub .600 career OPS as well.  It’s actually lower by .02.   McKenna has had 3 years of working on his hitting under this regime.  Cameron has had one month.  

Mr. Speedy has 3 stolen bases in over 369 PA and has struck out 35% of the time.

Cameron in 247 PA is 9 for 9 in stolen bases and has struck out 28% of the time.   I don’t think McKenna’s AB’s are anything to write home about. He’s probably the better defender but it’s close.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Eh, Ryan McKenna has a sub .600 career OPS as well.  It’s actually lower by .02.   McKenna has had 3 years of working on his hitting under this regime.  Cameron has had one month.  

Mr. Speedy has 3 stolen bases in over 369 PA and has struck out 35% of the time.

Cameron in 247 PA is 9 for 9 in stolen bases and has struck out 28% of the time.   I don’t think McKenna’s AB’s are anything to write home about. He’s probably the better defender but it’s close.

Not exactly the Battle of the Titans, is it?  I will say, at this point I don’t care about Cameron’s blood lines.  Daz has to stand on his own two feet.  He really hasn’t done anything to win a job this spring.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Not exactly the Battle of the Titans, is it?  I will say, at this point I don’t care about Cameron’s blood lines.  Daz has to stand on his own two feet.  He really hasn’t done anything to win a job this spring.  

More like the battle of the Titians, am I right?

titian-lady-in-white_dresden_custom-ab23

n08404-117-lr-1.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The spring is not over.   For either player.  

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think this argument is pointless.  They are both going to be surpassed by Cowser and Kjerstad sooner or later.

1 minute ago, yark14 said:

I think this argument is pointless.  They are both going to be surpassed by Cowser and Kjerstad sooner or later.

In time.   Cowser maybe in June and Kjerstad no sooner than August.    And we don't know who they will replace because of injuries, trades and non performance.

McKenna may be the better cheerleader, which should be a tiebreaker. Everyone talk about Nevin last year and why did he warrant playing time...I agree. But, On Sunday's when McKenna gives Mullins, Hays or Santander a break, I expect nothing and for the most part I get what I expect. Does he have speed, yes, defense yes, arm yes..but at the plate he seems clueless. Is he a good baserunner yes. A base stealer, I don't think so. I really don't care one way or the other, but he has been here for 3 years(??) and hasn't regressed or progressed. He is just a safe bet.

I feel like the beat reporters continue to talk about the Cordero Group, let's call them, and their battle for a roster spot. But they never seem to mention how that's possible without someone more deserving like McKenna or Vavra being optioned. It's kind of weird to see them just ignore that. We'll see! 

I personally have a hard time seeing NONE of these guys make the team. It seems to be in their plans this year to carry one of these guys.