Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s one game.  No one ever said that he can’t be good for games here and there.

And btw, while I doubt he has a good offensive year, I think it’s more possible than some. 

His performance has very little to do with why I think it’s an awful signing. The expected performance is just the icing on the cake for me. 

If he plays well this year, it will still be an awful signing and decision to me.

I get it. We all get it. I’m just saying that this is to be expected. Everyone made it out to be the end of the world when we signed him, so you’re going to have to hear about it after every good game he has this year. You brought this on yourselves. All you can do is just laugh about it. 

Just now, RarityFlaherty said:

I get it. We all get it. I’m just saying that this is to be expected. Everyone made it out to be the end of the world when we signed him, so you’re going to have to hear about it after every good game he has this year. You brought this on yourselves. All you can do is just laugh about it. 

If people want to be that dumb, that’s fine.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea because my reasons go beyond performance. It’s not difficult to figure out, at least for most people.

Yeah, I get it. You want to be a contender, but you also want to put another rookie in the lineup every day. If your reasons aren’t about performance, then your reasons are dumb.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Yeah, I get it. You want to be a contender, but you also want to put another rookie in the lineup every day. If your reasons aren’t about performance, then your reasons are dumb.

Your lack of knowledge about, well everything, doesn’t make my reasoning bad.  Just makes you misinformed.

Something else he did today that was important. His first at bat, he saw 11 pitches, I believe. He struck out on a nasty 2S than ran back over the inside corner. That is a great AB to me, along with his counting stats today. Yeah, it’s one game, but he showed some things that are valuable beyond the stat line.

• Upvote 4

That was the first time I’ve ever seen him play.  I was very impressed.  He runs well, he can pick it, and had very pro PAs.  Looks like an easy guy to root for.  If you can hit, get on base, run and play D you can help a team win.   Will be interesting to see how it plays out this year.  I will be shocked if Westburg, Ortiz, and Norby are all still in the Org in August.  

If I hadn't been privy to all the Frazier angst on here, I'd say after one game, (SSS) we had a pretty scrappy second baseman here. He also darn near made two spectacular diving stops. Did turn several nice double plays. Hit the ball hard and ran hard. But, he's Frazier so I'm not getting too excited. But I'm going to root for him because he's an Oriole and I'd love nothing better than he prove all the experts wrong. I like rooting for underdogs. That's in my DNA as an Oriole fan.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

Something else he did today that was important. His first at bat, he saw 11 pitches, I believe. He struck out on a nasty 2S than ran back over the inside corner. That is a great AB to me, along with his counting stats today. Yeah, it’s one game, but he showed some things that are valuable beyond the stat line.

That was a great at bat, no doubt about it.

He looked good today.

37 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That was a great at bat, no doubt about it.

He looked good today.

He was brought here to provide depth, even if he plays well the signing  wont start to come into focus until someone in the infield gets hurt and you have Westburg Ortiz or Norby  to call on instead of  Chris Owings, Kelvin Gueterez , Richie Martin or Tyler Nevin.

I’m glad to see Frazier have a good first game.  It beats the alternative by a long shot.  Every poster here should be rooting for him to have a career year, regardless of whet they thought of the signing that brought him here.  

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1