Opening Day at Fenway!

SteveA

1 minute ago, FlaO'sFan said:

That's not on Mountcastle. 

Yeah, it kind of is. That’s a very pickable ball and he gets lazy with his technique. He just swiped at the ball. Like I said last year. When you do that you make your hands hard and he usually knocks the ball away. A Major League 1B has to pick that. 

Hope everyone has there anxiety pills this year. That was almost one of the worse losses I can remember. 

Thankfully they pulled it out, but wow. 

Total brain fart by Mateo on the throw. Not even sure how a professional major league shortstop throws that ball away. Yeah, errors are part of the game, but that was just a pucker factor choke throw. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Hope everyone has there anxiety pills this year. That was almost one of the worse losses I can remember. 

Thankfully they pulled it out, but wow. 

Total brain fart by Mateo on the throw. Not even sure how a professional major league shortstop throws that ball away. Yeah, errors are part of the game, but that was just a pucker factor choke throw. 

I was starting to get flashbacks of that Mother's Day game the Orioles blew against the Red Sox about 15 years ago.

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Jesus … chalk it up as a win .. maybe the ugliest O’s opening day win I can ever remember.. some realllly ugly baseball there 

I saw Jay Gibbons lose a fly ball in the snow on an Opening Day against Cleveland.

• Haha 2

Just now, MCO'sFan said:

Yeah, it kind of is. That’s a very pickable ball and he gets lazy with his technique. He just swiped at the ball. Like I said last year. When you do that you make your hands hard and he usually knocks the ball away. A Major League 1B has to pick that. 

Palmer said he asked MC what he worked on during the offseason, and Ryan said "hitting." It showed on that play.