Best thing the Orioles can do is trade Kyle Stowers

Tony-OH

16 minutes ago, foxfield said:

In other exciting Oriole tantrums.

The Orioles cut Gunnar Henderson today who hasn’t had a hit the entire season.  He had clearly wilted under the pressure of being a rookie of the year candidate.  GM Mike Elias said of the move, we feel like we have given him every opportunity but we wish Gunnar the best in his future endeavors .

In the second inning of todays game when Adley Rutschman made his first out. Oriole manager Brandon Hyde made AR run 2 laps around the field as punishment. 

Many fans were also very disappointed when 8 million dollar Man Adam Frazier signed solely to steal at bats from gifted Oriole players was not allowed to play at all in game 2 of the season.  

When reached for comment  Oriole Hangout Optimist, Can of Corn replied:  “You can’t have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!  How can you have any pudding if you won’t eat your meat!!!”

I cannot stop laughing!!! 😂 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Stowers is a butcher in the field  and the Os are not going to just hand him the job.  He must not have impressed in his reps during ST.  Looks like he will likely DH more than play in the field.  Good power bat to have off the bench.  Agree he needs to be traded.  

He is not a butcher in the field. Not in any way and if you want to come at me, you better bring better analysis than this BS. 

I showed multiple times last year how his defensive numbers were dragged down by two misplays. I've watched him play defense in the outfield over many games. While he's not smooth, and I would not call him a plus outfielder, he's an average outfielder who is similar to Santander before he got really slow out there last year. 

Now, you can hate on Stowers in your attempt to kiss the Orioles butt in every way, but you will look silly if he's ever actually given everyday PAs by someone. 

The fact that you think he's a bat off the bench tells me everything we need to know about your ability analyze and access baseball talent. You're only saying that because that's how the Orioles have misused him and its actually quite laughable. 

It's particularly laughable that you think Frazier is an everyday player while Stowers is a bat off the bench. lol 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

He is not a butcher in the field. Not in any way and if you want to come at me, you better bring better analysis than this BS. 

I showed multiple times last year how his defensive numbers were dragged down by two misplays. I've watched him play defense in the outfield over many games. While he's not smooth, and I would not call him a plus outfielder, he's an average outfielder who is similar to Santander before he got really slow out there last year. 

Now, you can hate on Stowers in your attempt to kiss the Orioles butt in every way, but you will look silly if he's ever actually given everyday PAs by someone. 

The fact that you think he's a bat off the bench tells me everything we need to know about your ability analyze and access baseball talent. You're only saying that because that's how the Orioles have misused him and its actually quite laughable. 

It's particularly laughable that you think Frazier is an everyday player while Stowers is a bat off the bench. lol 

Wasn’t “coming at anyone”.  Thought it was a message board where people talk about baseball.  Appreciate the kind words.  Message received loud and clear.  You won’t see me on here anytime soon. 

Edit: For the record, I’m a big Stowers fan.  

Second Edit: Fear of getting my head chopped off for presenting my thoughts was why I lurked on this site for over a decade before posting.  Probably also why so very few new people chime in.  Some critical feedback if you can handle it, not a good look - but you do you.  

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Why make this personal? People should be able to give their opinions on a message board without the founder of the message board personally attacking them unprovoked. Just  my 2c.

16 hours ago, foxfield said:

In other exciting Oriole tantrums.

The Orioles cut Gunnar Henderson today who hasn’t had a hit the entire season.  He had clearly wilted under the pressure of being a rookie of the year candidate.  GM Mike Elias said of the move, we feel like we have given him every opportunity but we wish Gunnar the best in his future endeavors .

In the second inning of todays game when Adley Rutschman made his first out. Oriole manager Brandon Hyde made AR run 2 laps around the field as punishment. 

Many fans were also very disappointed when 8 million dollar Man Adam Frazier signed solely to steal at bats from gifted Oriole players was not allowed to play at all in game 2 of the season.  

When reached for comment  Oriole Hangout Optimist, Can of Corn replied:  “You can’t have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!  How can you have any pudding if you won’t eat your meat!!!”

Nice work. Very nice work. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, foxfield said:

Y'all need to get the name right.  Someone beat me to Can of Corn by a few months.

Also Frazier is in the box score for game 2.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Y'all need to get the name right.  Someone beat me to Can of Corn by a few months.

Also Frazier is in the box score for game 2.

Fraizer was not in the box score when I wrote that.  And Can_of_Corn, you need to get over yourself.  You should have known I wasn't referring to YOU when I used the word optimist.  lol

Edited by foxfield
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Wasn’t “coming at anyone”.  Thought it was a message board where people talk about baseball.  Appreciate the kind words.  Message received loud and clear.  You won’t see me on here anytime soon. 

Edit: For the record, I’m a big Stowers fan.  

Second Edit: Fear of getting my head chopped off for presenting my thoughts was why I lurked on this site for over a decade before posting.  Probably also why so very few new people chime in.  Some critical feedback if you can handle it, not a good look - but you do you.  

Yet you sent me a totally different personal note. lol

As I told you, I very well may have taken yesterday's loss out on you a bit, but everything I said in there was pretty true. Your analysis of Stowers being a butcher in the outfield is just wrong. Sorry, you claim I'm being a meaney or whatever, but it's a poor take.

Why do you think what you did was provide "critical feedback?" You tried to support the Orioles not playing Stowers by calling him a butcher outfielder and bat off the bench. I disagreed. You also have been very vocal in your support of Frazier by screaming throughout the first game thread "That's why we got him!" and I'm pretty sure you were a pro Frazier signing guy during his many discussions. 

At the end of the day, you have accessed that Frazier is an everyday player and Stowers is a bat off the bench guy and is a butcher in the field.

Yet somehow you got all butt hurt when I responded to this "analysis." Now, you can have any opinion you want, and just like people have told me they disagreed with me in this thread, which is fine, only you decided Stowers shouldn't start because he's a butcher and bat off the bench.

7 hours ago, Rufus said:

Why make this personal? People should be able to give their opinions on a message board without the founder of the message board personally attacking them unprovoked. Just  my 2c.

It wasn't unprovoked. He made bad analysis, I called him on it. When I have a bad take I get called on it as well. That's the way this place works. 

If this hurts your feelings or anyone else's, feel free to post somewhere else where your feelings matter. If he had provided stats or real analysis to disagree with me then fine, but to say things that just aren't true are going to get you called out.

And BTW, I will mix it up here as I see fit. I never called him a name, I didn't break any rules. Was I aggressive, sure, probably because I was still pissed over the game, but anyone who knows me well enough there are going to be times that's going to happen.

I've never run this place like I have treat everyone like a "customer." Either you want to be part of this community or not. We have been together around here for 20+ years so we've all gotten into with each other at some point. Who cares? I don't hold grudges and if I agree with the same person I got into with the day before then I'm just as likely to give them rep or say agree. 

At the end of the day, this place has been run the same way for 20+ years. It's not for everyone and I'm ok with that.