Very, very way too early thoughts

eddie83

- love the pace of play. Wish this had been implemented years ago. Much better product. 
- not going to get all worked up on pitching and defense. Self explanatory. I will say I wonder if they handle someone like Hall differently down the road if pen woes continue. Let’s get until around Memorial Day before we revisit.  
-curious to see if defense picks it up in Texas. Can’t blame weather there 

-bats looked good. I like the age of our hitters. 

• Upvote 3

Bullpen is really worrying me.  That saved the O's so many times last year.  Offense looks like it will be better this year, but if the pitching doesn't turn around it won't matter. 

Tampa Bay off to 3-0 start.  Springs threw 6 scoreless today.  Franco hitting .636 so far.  SSS alert!  If Franco breaks out and their starting pitching is as good as it looks, they will be tough to beat for the division. 

Honestly this was such a trash first weekend of the season.  The pitching sucked at basically every level of the major league team, the defense was terrible, and we lost 2-3 to a terrible Boston team.  Not to mention John Angelos sign posting that Adley is gone in a few years.

The Orioles did a great freaking job killing any enthusiasm I had for the season.

And that's one for the overreaction thread.

• Upvote 3

I didn't think they were a playoff team to begin with but that still doesn't change the fact that I thought the pitching would have been a little better.

The most concerning thing for me is the fact that ownership has pretty much broadcasted that there's not any money for extensions. 

• Upvote 1

Like our offense so far but that's where it ends. Way too early to tell much of anything.

We lost this series because of some shoddy defense and poor pitching. We pretty much went toe to toe on offense. I'm anxious to see how we do/rebound in Texas. Texas hit the snot out of the ball over their first two games against the Phillies. Then in come The Sanks. Who said this early schedule was easy?

Wonder what if any roster moves we make going into Texas. At the rate we are going, we won't have a bull pen by Wednesday. 

Insert tongue in cheek…

Well guys. We gave it a good run. Knew when Frazier got 8 mil we were not really going to compete. It’s a sign this front office is the most inept in baseball history. Buncha fan boys. 

Edited by foxfield

10 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I didn't think they were a playoff team to begin with but that still doesn't change the fact that I thought the pitching would have been a little better.

The most concerning thing for me is the fact that ownership has pretty much broadcasted that there's not any money for extensions. 

Can anyone find the quote for this? 

4 minutes ago, joelala said:

Can anyone find the quote for this? 

It wasn't a definitive statement or anything, but it's not a good look when you're asked about an extension for your best player and you immediately start talking about the limitations of the "system."

2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

It wasn't a definitive statement or anything, but it's not a good look when you're asked about an extension for your best player and you immediately start talking about the limitations of the "system."

The same system that has the Guardians, Rays and Pirates extending players...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Extremely tempting to just stop financially supporting the team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

At this point Angelos could have said something like it is exciting to have such a talented, young player playing for the O's and we will be looking to extend him (even if he is thinking there isn't money).  It's a bad look to be crying poor when there was $65 million in profits (or somewhere in that range) last year.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

At this point Angelos could have said something like it is exciting to have such a talented, young player playing for the O's and we will be looking to extend him (even if he is thinking there isn't money).  It's a bad look to be crying poor when there was $65 million in profits (or somewhere in that range) last year.

He’s so far out of this depth. I want to be able to laugh about it but I care too much. 

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

I have an uneasy feeling that we just saw the first installment of a battle for fourth place in the AL East.

Ha my friend who’s a Sox fan said the same thing earlier today. Still too soon I think. Give the pitching a month.