Yankees Series

sportsfan8703

Saturday's game looks like a loss on paper, Cortes has toyed with us these past few years.  Fortunately "on paper" doesn't count for anything.

EDIT - I just looked it up, I knew he was good against us but didn't realize how good.  Last year:

3 starts, 18.1IP, 10H, 0R, 31K, 3BB, .366 OPS against.  That's gross.

Edited by glenn__davis

7 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Saturday's game looks like a loss on paper, Cortes has toyed with us these past few years.  Fortunately "on paper" doesn't count for anything.

EDIT - I just looked it up, I knew he was good against us but didn't realize how good.  Last year:

3 starts, 18.1IP, 10H, 0R, 31K, 3BB, .366 OPS against.  That's gross.

I went to an April game where he dominated us  (5 IP, 12 K’s, no runs) but we ended up winning anyway 5-0.   He really made our hitters look silly.  He had one immaculate inning (3 3-pitch strikeouts) and another where he struck out the side on 12 pitches.   It wasn’t our strongest lineup, with Mateo, Chirinos, McKenna, Owings and Gutierrez all in the game.  Fortunately we got to their bullpen for 5 runs in the 8th inning.  

15 hours ago, Goober Noodles said:

At least 2-3 innings will fly by while you're getting food/drinks.

Not if you scan your card at the B &O market. Not sure who told the Baltimore Sun that the Saturday game was almost sold out.It will be a nice crowd for an Oriole game but last I heard about 10,000 seats left. That doesn't include the Upper Right field corner which seats will not be sold for almost all games 

The Baltimore Sun:

Downtown also is shaping up to be crowded Saturday — if not quite as crowded as Friday — when the O’s take the field for their second almost sold-out game against the Yankees, at 7:05 p.m. and The Eagles perform a nearly sold-out concert at the Bank Arena at 8 p.m. (Limited tickets were available for both, spokespersons said, though because the events overlap, most patrons likely will attend one or the other 

Edited by Going Underground

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Really?  That's interesting.  If you can dig it up, I'd love to see what he said.  

Several places, but here’s where Luke wanted him in the Rule 5 draft (and we did take him).  His description is extremely on point   

1 hour ago, gangsta gangsta said:

I'll be there Saturday. Is there any good tailgating spots? I'm looking to get there early 

This is a revamped bar near the stadium.There is also Pickles.Not sure if you want a good meal or drinks.

Sliders bar near Camden Yards gets a new look and a new name
https://baltimorefishbowl.com/stories/former-sliders-bar-to-reopen-as-section-711-just-in-time-for-baltimore-orioles-home-opener/