The Home Run Hose

Frobby

Not offended here, but I'm hoping they figure something else out. Between this and the gas can promo, they seem to be treading in litigious waters normally navigated around by the lawyers. Both seem to dangle irresponsible behavior out in front of a population big enough to have some interpret it in a way that leads to something unfortunate. 

When did I get so old? Feels like I am on the same slippery slope that leads to penalizing touchdown celebrations.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I'm certainly not offended by it, but I think it's a poor choice optics-wise. I'll be surprised if it lasts all season.  

Agree. The "optics" aren't great. Especially since the camera is right there,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Sorry but even 8 year old kids weren’t dumb enough to drink from a hose like that.  We didn’t put our mouth to or around the nozzle.  You hold the hose horizontally and put your mouth under the stream.  Makes me wonder if any of these players actually ever did it.  Lol

The Orioles just hired  a hose drinking coach. He will analytically and with video show the players the proper way to hold and drink from the hose. Sig,the rocket scientist is working on a more functional and sanitary hose 

I dont like it, and its kind of silly. The HR chain was perfectly fine, not sure why they retired it. They could have seriously blinged up the HR chain if they wanted to. Beer pong looks like something from a sorority. Not classy thats for sure.

2 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Is it just me or does anyone else find it interesting that the players that came up with it (Akin and Irvin) aren't even able to take part given it's something for those hitting homers. 

Well. Should we have something for when our pitchers let him HR’s? 

Free beers/sodas to everyone?