Yankees 2023

Just Regular

• 5 weeks later...

Yankee starter Domingo German tossed in the 3rd inning after failing a sticky-stuff inspection.

This comes with an automatic 10 game suspension, just like Scherzer just served.

Yankee starting other than Cole is a disaster area right now.   Cortes not pitching well, Rodon has had setbacks in his recovery and won't be pitching any time soon.   Clarke Schmidt and Jose Brito, with ERAs over 6 and 5 respectively, have started 18 of their 44 games   

I do think they get Luis Severino back sometime in the next month.   Don't know about Frankie Montas, but he wasn't very good for them after they traded for him last year.

But it's not a pretty picture right now.   I'm enjoying it...

It is I guess not a bad break NYY-TOR are having their big 4-game set right before we visit them both.

Peeked at NYY schedule and Cole-Cortes set for first two games against us so we won't enjoy right away the deep depth fill-ins during Domingo G's suspension.      Could be a little extra windfall if Cole could be ground down some in Game 1 - they will need length from him even more than usual in the short term.

I mostly think they will find a soft spot for Cowser, but wow would it be exciting if the call came and some of the process was they want him to see Manoah-Gausman-Cole in real life sooner rather than later.

• 1 month later...

Aaron Judge single handedly dragged the Yankees into the playoffs last year. If he's out for an extended period of time I have to think their playoff odds for this season go right in the crapper. They're obviously going to be looking for an OF bat at the trade deadline, if not before then. Maybe they can trade Anthony (the next Jeter) Volpe for somebody having a career year on a bad team. 

8 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Aaron Judge single handedly dragged the Yankees into the playoffs last year. If he's out for an extended period of time I have to think their playoff odds for this season go right in the crapper. They're obviously going to be looking for an OF bat at the trade deadline, if not before then. Maybe they can trade Anthony (the next Jeter) Volpe for somebody having a career year on a bad team. 

Instead of trading for an OF, why don't they just play Hicks?  Oh, wait...  🙂

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2023 at 1:30 AM, ShoelesJoe said:

The Yankees always somehow pull something out of their you know what’s. Their pitching may get better. Suddenly Rodon will be heathy to pitch maybe. But that lineup definitely isn’t that scary right now. 

This could be an issue for the Yankees as he is now talking about "before the end of the year".  During surgery on my leg I had nerves cut leading to "drop toe".  Although his is a tendon, it is very difficult to run with big toe issues and it takes a while to heal.