Loving watching Milb games.

Gurgi

A week ago, I bought the MiLB.com minor league package ($3.99/month), so I could try and watch the Minor League games when no Orioles were on. I wanted to watch the games on my laptop or phone.  I tried to make it work, but I couldn't figure it out. It's not intuitive, and the help FAQs are confusing. 

I pouted about it until the weekend, and then my wife couldn't take it anymore and figured it out for me.   I have to say I love watching the minor league games.  Watched a little of Jackson Holiday last night.   Watching Bowie now.  It's great!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yessir it's like four times as much baseball for peanuts.

MLB.com is like 15 times as much baseball for the same price.

Sorry, that's a bit mean spirited, you can watch minor league games that don't involve the Oriole affiliates if you wish.

Edited by Can_of_corn

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

MLB.com is like 15 times as much baseball for the same price.

Sorry, that's a bit mean spirited, you can watch minor league games that don't involve the Oriole affiliates if you wish.

Oh, totally agree - I actually have mlb.tv but not everyone needs it.

I just appreciate that those games are accessible now. For ages and ages they weren't. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

4 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Are the minor games included with MLB.TV subscription?

2nd question - is the 'MLB Big Inning' feature any good?

I'm watching a lot more baseball this season it seems, so I'm considering subscribing.

Thanks in advance.

Stream EVERY out-of-market game LIVE or on demand. Plus, access to MiLB, MLB Big Inning, and local Pregame and Postgame shows (where available).

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe

I'm out of market so it's a no brainer for me.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Been saying for years MLB has to find a way to market the minor league games and find ways to get dynamic players into the sport.  They are finally taking baby steps. 

They need to promote it.

An actual ad campaign to push the minor leagues would be refreshing.

@Can_of_cornhave you been able to watch pre and post game shows for the O’s? that’s been my main gripe of mlbtv over the years.

Otherwise I find it to be a fantastic product I use with primarily Roku for tv and sometimes watch from my iPad which has lots of neat features.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe

I'm out of market so it's a no brainer for me.

yeah if I was out of market I would have done this years ago; I'm just thinking whether its worth it for me since I'm NOT out of market - so not using it for Os games.  I've just found myself more interested in random games so far this year - seeing the Padres or Cards or whoever play is more interesting to me than it has been in recent years.  The Big Inning feature would be a big part for me, IF that is done well, so that's what I'm trying to get an opinion on.   Have you used/watched that feature much?

Has anyone else?

44 minutes ago, byrdz said:

@Can_of_cornhave you been able to watch pre and post game shows for the O’s? that’s been my main gripe of mlbtv over the years.

Otherwise I find it to be a fantastic product I use with primarily Roku for tv and sometimes watch from my iPad which has lots of neat features.

There's not any pre or post game shows for the O's. Once we see the post game interview on the field, the feed ends.

There are teams who show pre and post shows, so I hope one day we get them for the O's.

Edited by spleen1015
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

There's not any pre or post game shows for the O's. Once we see the post game interview on the field, the feed ends.

There are teams who show pre and post shows, so I hope one day we get them for the O's.

I always watch the postgame show when we win, just so I can bask in the glow of the win a little longer.  But most of the questions are “how big was that win?” and equally mundane inquiries.   They’ve also cut way back on the highlights.   I could live without it.