They all break (2023 edition)

Frobby

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, 86this said:

Unless the Jays are reworking his ability to pitch, it looks like he's lost it.

Hopefully it's not the Yips. Given the amount of contact he's giving up as opposed to walking guys you have to imagine he's either working on his command, or he's injured in a way they haven't found yet. 

Tommy John for Matthew Boyd, one of the SP options from this past offseason who took a 1-year deal for about the same as Kyle Gibson.     Tigers got 15 starts of 5.50 ERA, and now no trade chip.

Also I suppose one less option who was doing okay (xERA was only about 4.00) for SP buyers to sift.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:57 PM, bpilktree said:

I wonder if Alex Monah won’t be on this list some point this year.  He has completely fell off the cliff and couldn’t even get out of 1st.  The fastball is down over 1 mph and command has not been good.  

He got rocked in instructional league last night. 

"Pitching for the FCL Blue Jays against the Yankees at New York's minor league complex, he gave up 10 hits, including two homers, and two walks against a lineup comprising players who were mostly 17 to 19 years old."

Couldn't be happening to a nicer guy...

• 1 month later...

Kevin Cash said they do not expect to have McClanahan back this season and he is expected to see a surgeon in coming days for another opinion.    As much as some people complain about how we handle pitchers we have been very good/ lucky at avoiding major issue for most of our upper level younger pitchers under this regime.  

• 7 months later...
13 hours ago, bpilktree said:

Might be about time to start this for 2024.  Bieber and loisagia both out of year and Strider seeing Dr.  

Great idea! 

I'm going to hop in my time machine. Go back about 20 hours and start the 2024 thread early yesterday afternoon. 

I'm back.  Mission accomplished! 

• Haha 1