Ortiz down, Stowers up

Sports Guy

Just now, waroriole said:

Why do Stowers and OHearn need to be here?

Also, cue Corn with the Elias doesn’t call them up until they’re ready to stay. 

Goodness knows the poster that originally stated that won't be chiming in.

I think the point has been made often enough by this point.

The bottom line is Ortiz can't get enough playing time (especially against righties) as long as Urias, Mateo, Henderson and Frazier are all on the roster.

As soon as one of them is no longer on the roster, he will be back up.

Jordan Westburg has an .883 OPS over 500 AAA plate appearances, there is a major glut of infielders that deserve MLB playing time, hopefully we see a trade sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Stowers wasn’t getting the at bats so I think they wanted to get him about two weeks of at bats and constant play to get him some playing time and hoping he would beat up.  He struggled early in Norfolk for that but as he got more at bats probably got more confidence and in rhythm at plate.  Now hopefully he plays 4 to 5 times a week to keep that consistency.  

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

Stowers wasn’t getting the at bats so I think they wanted to get him about two weeks of at bats and constant play to get him some playing time and hoping he would beat up.  He struggled early in Norfolk for that but as he got more at bats probably got more confidence and in rhythm at plate.  Now hopefully he plays 4 to 5 times a week to keep that consistency.  

Who’s not going to play to make room for Stowers playing 4-5 times a week?   I hope he’ll play more than last time, but he’s not playing 4-5 times a week unless someone gets hurt. 

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Who’s not going to play to make room for Stowers playing 4-5 times a week?   I hope he’ll play more than last time, but he’s not playing 4-5 times a week unless someone gets hurt. 

Vavra is gone now. He could be back in the role we thought he'd have of RF when Adley isn't DH. Could be threatening Santander ABs as well. 

20 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

The bottom line is Ortiz can't get enough playing time (especially against righties) as long as Urias, Mateo, Henderson and Frazier are all on the roster.

As soon as one of them is no longer on the roster, he will be back up.

Jordan Westburg has an .883 OPS over 500 AAA plate appearances, there is a major glut of infielders that deserve MLB playing time, hopefully we see a trade sooner rather than later.

He absolutely can get enough at bats. That’s just wrong.

What you should have said is he won’t get enough at bats.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My guess is Frazier.

Urias plays more to 2B so Gunnar can play more at 3B.    Stowers plays more RF with  Santander at DH.

That does not mean that Frazier is benched.   Just that is time will be reduced since he has fallen off at the plate.

I will not be a bit surprised if O'Hearn gets more playing time at 1B at the expense of Mountcastle.    Hyde seems irritated with Mountcastle's at bats lately.

Hyde (and I am sure Elias) main line of thinking is its time to win now.

• Upvote 1