Captain Obvious: the O’s won’t beat good teams pitching like this

Frobby

2 hours ago, waroriole said:

It’s true they won’t beat good teams pitching like this, but they did the same thing against Oakland. A bad team scored 23 runs in the last three games of that series. The next week the pitching staff went 34 innings without allowing a run.  Against KC, a bad team just scored 23 runs against us. It will be tougher to respond against Atlanta and Tampa, but we seem to have played to the level of our competition a lot this year. 

I’m more concerned about our offense than pitching. 

If you see any equivalent between the 2 teams that we faced and held scoreless for 34 innings and these next two teams that we are about to face, please help me!

I mean I guess they are all humans, with wooden bats in their hands, and uniforms on with numbers and logos on them. Other than that... I got nothing.

If you break down rest of the month 2 series at a time 

@ATL (3), TB (3) off day 

PIT (3) LAA (4)

@TOR (3) off day @NYY (3)

TEX (3) CLE (3) off day 

.500 next 6 would be nice. Just need to avoid getting swept   

Then in June 6 off days with a fairly competitive schedule. Those off days will really help in June not overworking staff.  

21 hours ago, Emory Eagle said:

I generally am a fan of Atlanta (used to live there), but oddly enough that is the one place in all of the cities I’ve been to see a ballgame where I had a somewhat unpleasant experience wearing an Os cap to another team’s stadium. And that must’ve been back around 2011 or so before they had their mini renaissance.

Dude, that's so true because my whole family gets hounded by Atlanta fans there every time we go. Me and my brother were just talking about this the other day. In 2005 I almost got into a fight when as soon as my family stepped out of the car in the parking lot, the Braves fans started shouting nasty slurs at us. It was a horrible experience. 

2 hours ago, Beysbol said:

Dude, that's so true because my whole family gets hounded by Atlanta fans there every time we go. Me and my brother were just talking about this the other day. In 2005 I almost got into a fight when as soon as my family stepped out of the car in the parking lot, the Braves fans started shouting nasty slurs at us. It was a horrible experience. 

I never would have pegged Braves fans to be that hostile in a sports city best known for its apathy towards all sports that aren’t SEC football. 

2 hours ago, Beysbol said:

I’ve actually had the same experience there.  Was completely caught off guard.  Getting heckled by a clown in khaki shorts, top siders/no socks, a tucked in striped polo, a belt with fish on it, a funny $10 haircut  and shades with croakies was NOT something I was expecting.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I’ve actually had the same experience there.  Was completely caught off guard.  Getting heckled by a clown in khaki shorts, top siders/no socks, a tucked in striped polo, a belt with fish on it, a funny $10 haircut  and shades with croakies was NOT something I was expecting.  

Maybe it was Alex or Buster Murdaugh?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I see those people every day walking around. They're not very nice fans when it comes to the Braves and when the Seminoles won the National Championship in 2013, someone stole my mother's FSU garden flag out of her yard. I was like, "really, are serious!?" But, I love how they won't even bring up the crappy arse Atlanta Falcons because they freaking suck year in and year out. That's why everyone pulls for UGA... because they actually know how to win. I just hope nobody steals my Jacksonville Jaguars garden flag I have out in the yard. I also have an Orioles one as well.

I'm just so incredibly happy the O's blasted them tonight. I was laughing and enjoying every moment of it. 

22 hours ago, eddie83 said:

If you break down rest of the month 2 series at a time 

@ATL (3), TB (3) off day 

PIT (3) LAA (4)

@TOR (3) off day @NYY (3)

TEX (3) CLE (3) off day 

.500 next 6 would be nice. Just need to avoid getting swept   

Then in June 6 off days with a fairly competitive schedule. Those off days will really help in June not overworking staff.  

This month is really going to tell us what we are made of. Good teams beat up on inferior teams and play .500 against similar competition. Let's see if we belong with the big boys. Last night was a good start. 

I, along with many Os fans, was at the game last night.  And everyone I saw (including me) had enough Os gear on to make it obvious that we were fans of the road team. I had no issue with Braves fans.  I also went in 2018 when Chris Davis actually had a great series and again, no issues.  Maybe it was just a few random people in the past who chose to act like jerks.  Not sure.  Maybe now, since they recently won the World Series (and UGA has won multiple titles), they are far less ornery and easier to deal with. Yet another reason championships are so important.    

2 hours ago, JR Oriole said:

I, along with many Os fans, was at the game last night.  And everyone I saw (including me) had enough Os gear on to make it obvious that we were fans of the road team. I had no issue with Braves fans.  I also went in 2018 when Chris Davis actually had a great series and again, no issues.  Maybe it was just a few random people in the past who chose to act like jerks.  Not sure.  Maybe now, since they recently won the World Series (and UGA has won multiple titles), they are far less ornery and easier to deal with. Yet another reason championships are so important.    

If you need a championship to make you a non-jerk fan, then it’s too late, you’re still a jerk fan. 

I live 40 miles NW of Atlanta and the SEC is what counts most for the majority.  However, put alcohol  in the mix  and things can change rapidly.  Also, every year we are infiltrated with more and more Northerners as the natives say.  Glad we won anyway.