Sunday, May 7th @Braves on Peacock/NBC

Tony-OH

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

We are getting close to the point that he will need to start producing. I figured he would get six weeks but he does look overmatched too often. I still think he's going to be good (though I have legitimate concerns about him facing left-handed pitching) but he may need a bit of a reset f he can't get it going. 

The Orioles have been able to survive his inability to put the bat on the ball so far because of his ability to walk, but you can't be one of the worse fielders in the league (OOA wise) and not hit for too long. 

Do you think they should tell him to be more aggressive so he can at least get more lower pressure swings as well as just more swings?

Just now, LA2 said:

That's the strange thing. If he was going to have your fairly normal first one or two months of flailing (Ripken, Markakis, Adley et al), you wd think it would have been out of his system by the end of the '22 season. It's like he's starting all over again now. Getting closer to the very dragged-out Kelenic situation.

I think failing is beginning to get in his head .. called “pressure “ at 21 

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Honestly that feels like a loss by the Orioles just scoring one run.  Urias needed to get a hit.

Yes, I know what you mean: runners on 2nd and 3rd with none out and it's ground out, pop out, ground out--and on only five pitches when we had Elder on the ropes. But again, we're talking about facing a sub-2 ERA pitcher now.

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Do you think they should tell him to be more aggressive so he can at least get more lower pressure swings as well as just more swings?

They need him to change his approach with two strikes. He can't be in "I need to be able to drive the ball" mode with two strikes. The guy is an awful two-strike hitter and unfortunately, he takes a lot of strikes and fouls off a lot of pitches and ends up in two strike counts way too often.

• Upvote 2