Monday, May 8: Showdown at the Yard -- Rays come to town, O's try to win 11th straight series opener

SteveA

Just now, oriolediehard said:

The O's picked the wrong time to go into a team wide batting slump!!

They really haven't hit the ball that well this year. This is not a good offense overall. I mean, they bat a guy with like .270 OBP 3rd. lol..

They've been able to beat up some bad bullpens for some bad teams. They really haven't had much luck against the better pitchers. 

Adley is in another funk and that doesn't help. There is no one to really pick him up when he's struggling, especially against left-handers.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

No way they really pitch to Adley here with Mountcastle on deck, right?

I mean, Adley is something like 0 for his last 20 and Mountcastle has a hit in 9 of 10 games with at least 4 multi hit games in that span.

I know Mountcastle has a lot of flaws as a hitter but he's hitting over .300 for the last two weeks.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

They really haven't hit the ball that well this year. This is not a good offense overall. I mean, they bat a guy with like .270 OBP 3rd. lol..

They've been able to beat up some bad bullpens for some bad teams. They really haven't had much luck against the better pitchers. 

Adley is in another funk and that doesn't help. There is no one to really pick him up when he's struggling, especially against left-handers.

This just isn't a playoff team lineup

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Who is that loud person you can hear on the broadcast trying to announce pitchers from the fans stands? He just distracted Keegan Akin when he yelled his name from the stretch 

That guy has been doing that for years. He's at every game and is fairly annoying unless you like having a man scream something you already know by looking at the scoreboard.