Dillon Tate 2023

sportsfan8703

https://www.rotowire.com/baseball/player/dillon-tate-13809

Rehab outing coming Wednesday

May 8, 2023
Orioles manager Brandon Hyde told reporters Monday that Tate (forearm) will have a rehab outing for Triple-A Norfolk on Wednesday, Nathan Ruiz of The Baltimore Sun reports.

ANALYSIS
Tate's rehab outing with the Tides will not be his last, Ruiz reports. The right-hander continues to make progress from the forearm strain that has sidelined him for the start of the year. It seems likely that Tate will be operating in the middle innings for the Orioles at some point in the middle of May.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Wish we had some reports on what his stuff looks like. Clearly his command is not there yet. 

Right now, I'm saying you option him until he looks right. 

He doesn’t need to complete his rehab assignment until May 24, two weeks from today.  Plenty of time to try to get his act together.  I’d certainly not be in any hurry right now.  

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

Wish we had some reports on what his stuff looks like. Clearly his command is not there yet. 

Right now, I'm saying you option him until he looks right. 

100% Statcast at AAA now....spectacular DL Hall day.

Tate looks like was 94 average on the 7 fastballs.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?date=5/10/2023&gamePk=725381&chartType=pitch&legendType=pitchName&playerType=pitcher&inning=&count=&pitchHand=&batSide=&descFilter=&ptFilter=&resultFilter=&hf=playerBreakdown&sportId=11#725381

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He doesn’t need to complete his rehab assignment until May 24, two weeks from today.  Plenty of time to try to get his act together.  I’d certainly not be in any hurry right now.  

Plus Tate has two options.  He needs to be better than what we have to actually come up.  

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Right, keep forgetting that exists. Looks like velo wise he's right where his usual average is, so that's good. Just missing the the zone a bit. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The report in 105.7 said Tate was not sharp and got a double play ball to get out of a jam. 

Tate might need longer than the 20 day rehab stint to get back. He has options. He missed all of ST. 

Patience with this guy. I still fear the elbow, but either way he's not owed anything. They should keep him down until they can get him right. When right, he absolutely belongs.

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The report in 105.7 said Tate was not sharp and got a double play ball to get out of a jam. 

Tate might need longer than the 20 day rehab stint to get back. He has options. He missed all of ST. 

30 days for pitchers.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

30 days for pitchers.

Well then we can enjoy some flexibility to option fresh arms up/down in the spot Rom is currently in. That makes me think we won’t rush Givens since we have 30 days. Tate can be optioned. 

I like Givens and Tate for the long run, but both missed ST basically.