Bird Bath Splash Zone

SteveA

I used to like that section because it was close to the bullpen and you had a chance at a home run souvineir. But now they are making that section undesirable. The wall has been pushed back and nobody wants to get soaked in 60-80 degree weather all evening long. If you think it's bad going to a game and seeing old folk just sitting around not cheering, wait til this happens. You'll lose the ticket revenue from those older folk altogether.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

Leave it to an OH poster to find any negative they can, in anything.  LOL.

If this gets an extra 10 frigging people into the park, then why not?  At least they're trying, and they're embracing what the players are actually doing.  I don't think I'd sit there, but 25-ish years ago when I was going to games w/ my college buddies?  Oh yeah.

If you referring to me,I actually think it is a not bad idea. I was just saying bring back the napkin and condiment station and not say it is gor heath reasons and not the real reason. 

The May 30th one in the bleachers should be real wild. Heard they were planning a few more as long as is it goes fine 

56 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

If you referring to me,I actually think it is a not bad idea. I was just saying bring back the napkin and condiment station and not say it is gor heath reasons and not the real reason. 

The May 30th one in the bleachers should be real wild. Heard they were planning a few more as long as is it goes fine 

Wasn’t referring to you either man. LOL. 

That section is now mostly sold out for this weekends series. Just another reminder that just because *you* aren't interested in something, doesn't mean you can dictate what other people are interested in. 

Personally, I remember Elrod tossing out wet towels to that section on hot days. 

• Upvote 4

Living in Philly it’s hard for me to get to Camden Yards but I saw this new promotion and think it’s a good idea. Once the weather gets really hot, I’m sure it will get sold out as it is for tomorrows game. At my age, I’m not interested getting soaked on but there will always be teens or 20 year olds that would love it. Saw some girls with goggles on tonight. It’s a good promo and Bird Bath is the perfect name. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I wouldn’t ever sit in that section to get splashed with water but I’m glad it’s a success so far. People seem to be enjoying it. 

It is way more popular than I would of guessed.  But being 53 I might not be the best man to judge what is fun anymore.  LOL.The fans seem to be having a great time.  

I think it's fantastic and a stroke of genius by the club to bring something new to the ballpark while also making the homer hose feel innocent too. 

I had reservations about that hose but with all the rest of the water stuff, plus seeing the players having fun, I'm won over.

Friday night's game was one of the most fun wins I can remember watching on TV. Felt special and defining of this team.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...