Monday, May 15: Grayson Rodriguez vs Shohei Ohtani

SteveA

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

I was at the last game of 82. A huge letdown after a great series comeback. 

I was also at the Brooks Robinson Hall of Fame celebration game. Huge rain delay for hours. I think the O's hit 5 straight singles in the bottom of the 9th for a walkoff win

82 was tough but I was amazed at how long the fans stayed after the game and chanted and celebrated.  It went on like a half hour.....all the players came back out for a curtain call.  It was almost a religious moment for me.  Standing with thousands of people yelling together in unison. 

I am not a rational person when it comes to the Orioles. I freely admit it. 

I smashed a TV remote against the wall when Chris Ray gave up a walk off grand slam to A-Rod…. and then after I realized there were still some functional pieces, I smashed the rest of it into bits with a tack hammer. 

I was home alone at the time. 

I wouldn’t go as far as to do that now that I have kids.

Probably.

22 minutes ago, 24fps said:

That sounds about right.  1961 was my first year as a fan.  1961-1986 was a great time to be a new Orioles fan.

1961 -- you almost make me feel young, which would be quite an accomplishment. I became an O's fan in 1962.

But I became a baseball fan in 1957. I learned to read, in part, by working my way through overnight messages about Phillies' night games that my father left for me to see in the morning.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I am not a rational person when it comes to the Orioles. I freely admit it. 

I smashed a TV remote against the wall when Chris Ray gave up a walk off grand slam to A-Rod…. and then after I realized there were still some functional pieces, I smashed the rest of it into bits with a tack hammer. 

I was home alone at the time. 

I wouldn’t go as far as to do that now that I have kids.

Probably.

Good thing Gunnar didn't have a hammer just then.

20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The person that set the criteria repped me for pointing out that Rodriguez didn't meet the criteria.

As for him being a top prospect?  Sure, but he was also the third ranked starting pitching prospect for the team and was having a down season when he was traded.

There was no criteria mentioned in the post I replied to.  Anyway, he's probably just a kid who doesn't realize there's no draft for international players.  I'm sure his repping you made your day.