Message for Tony Oh - I feel deeply aggrieved for 1 point ban imposed by Legend of Joey

Chelsea_Phil

3 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Those 2 were the same, but their style was nothing like calmunderfire I don't think.

There was another poster that would have every tweet up in seconds it seemed. Then he went off of the rails. Birdland maybe?

Yeah, I always liked Birdland and wondered what happened to him. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

And if yes, has anyone ever been banned permanently?

Heck yeah.

JTrea81 is the first to come to everybody's mind but there have been plenty of others.  I too remember calmunderfire and there have been a whole raft of "insiders" who used to sprout up like weeds every off season claiming to have inside info on upcoming player deals that were of course totally bogus.  I remember Belkast being one of the most prolific.

There was a guy who posed as a girl who called him/herself bikini something or other and provided us with pictures.  Going back to even before I started an account there was a poster who I'll never forget who called himself BOOZE and clearly did his level best to live up to his handle.  He was hilarious.  IIRC he also professed an unabashed and definitely politically incorrect appreciation of underage girls. 

Finally, have you been over the game thread?  It's named after the late Scott (ScOtt) Niedentohl who also was no stranger to a frosty mug.  He was also one of the best online friends you could ever hope to have.  He was banned on several occasions.  Of course the ban was lifted in his case, usually not long after it was imposed.

You might get banned for a while if you really work at it, but permanent means you've shown yourself to be a genuine troll.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Heck yeah.

JTrea81 is the first to come to everybody's mind but there have been plenty of others.  I too remember calmunderfire and there have been a whole raft of "insiders" who used to sprout up like weeds every off season claiming to have inside info on upcoming player deals that were of course totally bogus.  I remember Belkast being one of the most prolific.

There was a guy who posed as a girl who called him/herself bikini something or other and provided us with pictures.  Going back to even before I started an account there was a poster who I'll never forget who called himself BOOZE and clearly did his level best to live up to his handle.  He was hilarious.  IIRC he also professed an unabashed and definitely politically incorrect appreciation of underage girls. 

Finally, have you been over the game thread?  It's named after the late Scott (ScOtt) Niedentohl who also was no stranger to a frosty mug.  He was also one of the best online friends you could ever hope to have.  He was banned on several occasions.  Of course the ban was lifted in his case, usually not long after it was imposed.

You might get banned for a while if you really work at it, but permanent means you've shown yourself to be a genuine troll.

Have a feeling he’s still posting here….

Edited by emmett16

25 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Heck yeah.

ScOtt had that one incident where he was raging mad, like over-the-top righteous fury, that Felix Pie hit for the cycle and besmirched the special-ness that only Cal and Brooks had ever done that before.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

ScOtt had that one incident where he was raging mad, like over-the-top righteous fury, that Felix Pie hit for the cycle and besmirched the special-ness that only Cal and Brooks had ever done that before.

I was in the game thread, it was something to watch.

36 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I check him out on Twitter sometimes. He’s really into roundabouts

Huh.  Maybe I should reconsider my opinion of him. Roundabouts are great.

Of course whatever my opinion of him before was a correct opinion. Because JTrea's most strongly-held opinion was that all opinions are correct and no one should ever be criticized for any opinion even if it's objectively insane.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

There was probably some obscure baseball film from the 1890's that he liked better. 

From 1898. The runner is apparently the author Zane Grey, who wrote a few baseball stories including "The Shortstop", a copy of which is on the bookshelf here in my office.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sanfran327 said:

In the final episode of The Office, Andy Bernard says something to the effect of, "I wish there was a way to know that you were in "The Good Old Days" while you were still in them."

Guys, this thread is destined for the Classic Threads forum. We're experiencing a transcendent OH moment here and now. Look around. Soak it in.

This thread is transcendent in the way Seinfeld was transcendent.  It's literally a thread about nothing.  🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Speaking of permanently banned, one of my favorite posters from way back in the day was Rshackleford.

I hope he's doing well.  I liked his posts.

He is. Checks in with me from time to time. Not sure why he stopped posting tho. 

• Upvote 1