BP's Orioles Top 11 Prospects

Baltimoron

Is Billy Rowell 20 yet? He was one of the youngest players in high A ball last year. He has plenty of time. No need to rush him.

He's young, yes, but that will no longer be a legitimate excuse after this year. I want Rowell to succeed as much as anyone, but when there are absolutely NO positive reports coming from ANY scouts, then you can't help but be deeply disturbed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever AM does, I do think he needs to make a personal effort to help Rowell get things fixed. The guy has too much upside to become a never-was.

You would think that when players like Rowell see contracts like Nick just signed, they would take it upon themselves to get the most out of their abilities. If my parents were reading the things about me at that age that is being written about Rowell's attitude, work ethic, etc., they would have stepped in with an attitude adjustment long before it got to this point.

You would think that when players like Rowell see contracts like Nick just signed, they would take it upon themselves to get the most out of their abilities. If my parents were reading the things about me at that age that is being written about Rowell's attitude, work ethic, etc., they would have stepped in with an attitude adjustment long before it got to this point.

True, but woulda, coulda and shoulda aren't operational strategies. AM needs to take the bull by the horns and make sure Rowell gets on the right track.

Sounds like Snyder could compare favorably to Aubrey Huff in a few years.

I think Snyder is going to open some eyes in 2009 and shoot up these top prospect lists. That said, Huff was a stud (.900+ OPS) at every level of the minors. Snyder would do well to equal Huff's career. FYI, as a 22-year old (Snyder's age in 2009), Huff put up a .924 OPS in AA. Let's see if Snyder can approach that!

AM: Billy, we'd like you to meet Eddie Murray. Mr. Murray will be directly responsible for your continued development in the Orioles system. I'm sure you two have a lot to talk about....

EM: Son, there's a few things you and I need to get straight from the start.

BR: Yes, Sir!

Why do I get the sense that scene would turn out like the barfight scene at the beginning of Bull Durham...? :eek:

AM: Billy, we'd like you to meet Eddie Murray. Mr. Murray will be directly responsible for your continued development in the Orioles system. I'm sure you two have a lot to talk about....

EM: Son, there's a few things you and I need to get straight from the start.

BR: Yes, Sir!

Blind leading the blind? Or one malcontent leading another?

Make that #2 for me

We have the best position prospect and possibly the best minor league pitching depth in ALL of baseball. So we've got that going for us...which is nice

I guess if you're bad for long enough, the favorable drafting will pay off eventually!

I think Snyder is going to open some eyes in 2009 and shoot up these top prospect lists. That said, Huff was a stud (.900+ OPS) at every level of the minors. Snyder would do well to equal Huff's career. FYI, as a 22-year old (Snyder's age in 2009), Huff put up a .924 OPS in AA. Let's see if Snyder can approach that!

Here's to setting high bars.

I would be happy with a modest improvement, .890 OPS and a drop in k's.

I agree Snyder's numbers don't compare well to Huff, but Goldstein's projection of him sounds a lot like Aubrey Huff right now.

Archived