BP's Orioles Top 11 Prospects

Baltimoron

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What saddens me is the disappearance of Billy Rowell I hope he can get it back together he seems like a nice kid.

Is Billy Rowell 20 yet? He was one of the youngest players in high A ball last year. He has plenty of time. No need to rush him.

Guest BrettMeister86

I've got to assume that Berken and Bergesen should be switched and thats an error? Nobody talks about Berken isn't he a bit older too? I thought Bergesen had a higher ceiling and a better prospect than Berken. I'd also question where David Hernandez is. I'd have to assume he and Justin Turner are 12 and 13 respectively.

Sorry if my message sounded like I was scolding, that wasn't my intent. Just wanted to let everyone know there's a good thread (including excerpts from Goldstein's chat today) in the other forum.

No offense taken. You're right this thread should be moved.

Kevin Goldstein: It's not his only problem. Bad shape, listless play, bad defense. I coudln't find anyone with a positive thing to say about him other than the fact that he hits the ball hard in batting practice. I'd put him in the late teens somewhere, but he got very little consideration for the Top 11.

Ouch, not.....good!

Tells a lot about our organization as a whole now that we have 7 of 11 of our top prospects being pitchers (i.e. our positional upcoming talent is extremely lacking). Hell, even Snyder and Hoes aren't much to write home about. (they're not awful, just saying in relation to the list).

Overall, I am very pleased with these evaluations. Although, I can stand up.

A few comments.

Sounds like Snyder could compare favorably to Aubrey Huff in a few years.

I really hope the organization gives Rowell some attention and discipline. We can't afford to let our minimal positional talent be wasted for non-talent reasons.

Keep adding to the pitching depth. Can never have to much. Is it a lower priority? Sure, but don't stop improving.

Pitchers and catchers report in just over 2 weeks. I can't wait.

AM: Billy, we'd like you to meet Eddie Murray. Mr. Murray will be directly responsible for your continued development in the Orioles system. I'm sure you two have a lot to talk about....

EM: Son, there's a few things you and I need to get straight from the start.

BR: Yes, Sir!

Archived