Tuesday, May 23: two hot teams collide as Orioles visit Yankees

SteveA

Just now, Tony-OH said:

We all hate to lose to the Yankees or blow leads to the Yankees, but to so it on an 0-2 pitch after getting ahead with two 100 MPH fastballs? 

The next pitch is either another 100 MPH fastball or a change in the dirt. The last thing you do is throw a little league middle middle shit splitter.

It’s really mind boggling. It was the worst pitch he threw in the inning and to the best player on their team on an 0-2. It’s just hard to fathom. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

We all hate to lose to the Yankees or blow leads to the Yankees, but to do it on an 0-2 pitch after getting ahead with two 100 MPH fastballs? 

The next pitch is either another 100 MPH fastball or a change in the dirt. The last thing you do is throw a little league middle middle shit splitter.

That was an awful pitch. Put it outside or in the dirt, preferably both. He puts it dead center on 0-2. Love Felix but that was an awful awful pitch.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'll say it again...Cano is BETTER than Felix...they should switch roles...or at least alternate...

They are using Cano like Hader was used. It’s really smart, especially if he can go multiple high leverage innings.  

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I mean if you draw a perfect cross in that box, that ball was smack in the middle of it. I mean dead nuts center.

Yep. It's just embarrassing that a major league pitcher, a guy who supposed to be a closer, throws that pitch in that situation. A middle middle splitter? on 0-2? No way he should have been anywhere near the middle of the plate with anything. He had three balls to give. He was throwing 100 MPH. 

Either it's a 100 MPH up in the zone off the plate or a splitter below the zone. 

It really bugs me that we just blew a save with such an awful, awful pitch. Not even a competitive pitch.

closers can't make that pitch. They just can't. 

• Upvote 1